- EY Innovation Studio is the first program developed by a professional services firm that brings together top minds across the food and agriculture spectrum.
- Leaders representing each segment of the food and agriculture value chain will learn, connect and discover opportunities to create change for the future of the industry.
Ernst & Young LLP (EY US) today announced the launch of EY Innovation Studio (EYIS) as a key element of its Food System Reimagined program, the professional services firm’s vision of the future food and agriculture ecosystem. EYIS is a yearly program, opening doors to its first participants in September 2020. The experience convenes C-level or equivalent stakeholders across the food and agriculture ecosystem and is designed to spark positive transformation in a rapidly evolving landscape, enabling stakeholders to work alongside their peers to determine their roles in the food system of the future and modernize their positions within it.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, EYIS pivoted to a virtual program. EY US leadership believes that this is a critical time for the industry and is determined to help executives navigate today’s ever-changing landscape. The program’s syllabus includes a portfolio of experiences to engage in NextWave ideations that address the most pressing industry issues, multicompany “Art of the Possible” workshops to explore a reimagined food system and potential future roles within it, and small group “industry jam” sessions on key pressing topics. The EYIS program encourages collaboration across the ecosystem to collectively shape the future of the sector.
“COVID-19 impacted the food and agriculture industry to an immense degree, forcing many companies to reimagine their daily business across the value chain. EYIS will provoke food and agriculture leaders to modernize their position as a market leader in the food system of the future by pushing the boundaries on transformational, high-growth opportunities,” said Rob Dongoski, Food & Agribusiness Leader, EY.
The EYIS program will offer its participants:
- Food System Reimagined ideation sessions – Participants can leverage EY NextWave agriculture and Food System Reimagined Murals, a leading-class and immersive innovation tool, to envision the value chain, technologies and megatrends of agriculture, as well as the evolution and innovation of the entire food ecosystem.
- Art of the Possible workshops – Collaborative, cross-value-chain workshops are powered by innovative EY-designed approaches to identify gap opportunities and potential risks.
- Industry jams – Participants will challenge existing paradigms by engaging in themed discussions with diverse groups of value chain representatives on relevant issues.
- Company-specific executive sessions – A limited number of participants will have the opportunity to experience a tailored and organization-specific virtual session geared toward delving deeper into the opportunities and challenges within a reimagined food system.
“The agriculture and food industry is experiencing significant disruption, and we don’t anticipate this change to slow down anytime soon,” said Asha Lundal, Food and Agribusiness Principal and EY Innovation Studio Leader. “Our clients are looking for new avenues to connect with each other to spark systemic change, creating opportunities for the future of the industry and their businesses. We believe EYIS creates that avenue.”
“The goal of EYIS is to connect, discover and transform so organizations can find new ways of creating value at speed and at scale, efficiently and safely,” said Roger Park, EY Americas Innovation Leader. “While the COVID-19 crisis may have hit the reset button, it has also provided companies with a once-in-a-generation opportunity to reimagine and redesign their business and delivery models and ways of working. Participants of EYIS will have the opportunity to connect with key influential industry leaders across the agriculture and food value chain.”
For more information, visit www.ey.com/en_us/agribusiness.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.