Ernst & Young LLP (EY US) today announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2021 Southeast Award. The Southeast program celebrates entrepreneurs from Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. Now in its 35th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year program honors audacious business leaders whose ambition, courage and ingenuity help catapult us from now to next and beyond. These 31 entrepreneurs were selected as finalists by a panel of independent judges.
Award winners will be announced during a special virtual celebration on July 29, 2021 and will join the ranks of a lifelong community of esteemed Entrepreneur Of The Year alumni from around the world.
The 2021 Southeast finalists are:
- Allen Baler | 4Patriots, LLC | Nashville, TN
- Erin Baler | 4Patriots, LLC | Nashville, TN
- Aaron Walters | Altar’d State | Maryville, TN
- Shawn Reilley | Aphena Pharma Solutions | Cookeville, TN
- Sheila Mikhail | Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) | Research Triangle Park, NC
- Rusty Carter | Atlantic Packaging | Wilmington, NC
- Wes Carter | Atlantic Packaging | Wilmington, NC
- Jim Datin | BioAgilytix Labs, LLC | Durham, NC
- Brandon Mintz | Bitcoin Depot | Atlanta, GA
- Louie DeJesus | CompanyBox | Charlotte, NC
- Michael Mogill | Crisp Video Group | Atlanta, GA
- Garrett Langley | Flock Safety | Atlanta, GA
- Peter Goodwin | Groove Life | Spring Hill, TN
- Craig Gunckel | Iconex | Duluth, GA
- Asha Chaudhary | Jaipur Living, Inc. | Acworth, GA
- Glenn Gonzales | Jet It | Greensboro, NC
- Vishal Hiremath | Jet It | Greensboro, NC
- James Jordon | Jordon Construction Company | Greenville, SC
- Bob Watson | Juvare | Atlanta, GA
- Justin Price | Mountain Motorsports | Marietta, GA
- Jordan Schindler | Nufabrx® | Conover, NC
- Austin Singleton | OneWater Marine Inc. | Buford, GA
- Sanjeev Tirath | Pyramid Consulting, Inc. | Alpharetta, GA
- Phil Radford | Radeas | Wake Forest, NC
- Marc Gorlin | Roadie | Suwanee, GA
- Matt Shirah | Scofflaw Brewing Co. | Atlanta, GA
- Cherie Kloss | SnapNurse / SnapMedTech, Inc. | Atlanta, GA
- Jacob Boudreau | Stord, Inc. | Atlanta, GA
- Sean Henry | Stord, Inc. | Atlanta, GA
- Nick Ogden | The Clear Blue Company | Nashville, TN
- Jeff Douglas | Wyndham Capital Mortgage | Charlotte, NC
Entrepreneur Of The Year is one of the preeminent competitive business awards for entrepreneurs and leaders of high-growth companies. Finalists were evaluated based on six criteria: entrepreneurial leadership; talent management; degree of difficulty; financial performance; societal impact and building a values-based company; and originality, innovation and future plans. Since its launch, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries throughout the world.
“Our finalists have been carefully selected by our independent panel of judges for their innovative and transformative leadership, impressive growth trajectories, and unwavering commitment to their employees. We are extremely impressed with their grit, perseverance and ambition,” said Chevy Arnold, Entrepreneur Of The Year Southeast Program Director. “Now more than ever, we need unstoppable entrepreneurs to inspire others, fuel growth and deliver long-term value for their communities.”
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards, to be announced in November at the Strategic Growth Forum®, one of the nation’s most prestigious gatherings of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner will then move on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in June 2022.
Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winners have exclusive, ongoing access to the experience, insight and wisdom of fellow alumni and other ecosystem members in over 60 countries — all supported by vast EY resources.
Each year, EY US showcases successful entrepreneurs from 20 regional competitions across the United States. In 2020, 12 entrepreneurs leading companies from the Southeast were selected as Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winners.
For information on the Entrepreneur Of The Year Southeast program, please visit ey.com/us/southeast_eoy.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America.
In the Southeast, sponsors also include Premium sponsors Cresa, King & Spalding LLP and PNC Bank; and Supporting sponsor Donnelley Financial Solutions.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Entrepreneur Of The Year® is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for unstoppable entrepreneurs. These visionary leaders deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world. The program engages entrepreneurs with insights and experiences that foster growth. It connects them with their peers to strengthen entrepreneurship around the world. Entrepreneur Of The Year is the first and only truly global awards program of its kind. It celebrates entrepreneurs through regional and national awards programs in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries. National Overall winners go on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ title. ey.com/us/eoy
About EY Private
As Advisors to the ambitious™, EY Private professionals possess the experience and passion to support private businesses and their owners in unlocking the full potential of their ambitions. EY Private teams offer distinct insights born from the long EY history of working with business owners and entrepreneurs. These teams support the full spectrum of private enterprises including private capital managers and investors and the portfolio businesses they fund, business owners, family businesses, family offices and entrepreneurs. Visit ey.com/us/private
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy.
EY member firms do not practice law where prohibited by local laws. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.