Ernst & Young LLP (EY US) today announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2021 Utah Region Award. The Utah Region program celebrates entrepreneurs from Utah, Wyoming, & Idaho. Now in its 35th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year program honors audacious business leaders whose ambition, courage and ingenuity help catapult us from now to next and beyond. These 35 entrepreneurs representing 22 companies were selected as finalists by a panel of independent judges.
Award winners will be announced during a special virtual celebration on July 29, 2021 and will join the ranks of a lifelong community of esteemed Entrepreneur Of The Year alumni from around the world.
The 2021 Utah Region finalists are:
- Vess Pearson , CEO | Aptive Environmental
- Elizabeth Mikesell , CEO and Co-Founder | Beddy's
- Angela White, COO and Co-Founder | Beddy's
- Adam Fife , Chairman and CEO | CenCore, LLC
- Todd Crosland , CEO and Co-Founder | CoinZoom
- Paxton Powers, CTO and Co-Founder | CoinZoom
- Benjamin Crosland , Director of Business Development and Co-Founder | CoinZoom
- Blake Murray , CEO and Co-Founder | Divvy Pay Inc.
- Alex Bean , CBO and Co-Founder | Divvy Pay Inc.
- Rob Holland, Founder, Executive Chairman | Flagship Food Group, LLC
- Jessica Eraso , Co-Founder | Gathre
- Marilee Killpack , Co-Founder | Gathre
- Johnny Hanna , CEO and Co-Founder | Homie Technology, Inc.
- Mike Peregrina , CFO and Co-Founder | Homie Technology, Inc.
- Mike Trionfo , CTO and Co-Founder | Homie Technology, Inc.
- Jeremy Pope , CEO | Journee Collection Footwear
- Douglas Robinson , CEO | LGCY Power
- Ryan Moss , CEO | Little Giant Ladder Systems
- Ryan Porter, Founder and CEO | LiveView Technologies
- Jessica Rolph, CEO and Co-Founder | Lovevery
- Roderick Morris , President and Co-Founder | Lovevery
- Michelle Luchese , Co-CEO and Co-Founder | Manly Bands LLC
- Johnathan Ruggiero , Co-CEO and Co-Founder | Manly Bands LLC
- Trevor Farnes, CEO and Co-Founder | MTN OPS
- Casey Harbertson, CMO and Co-Founder | MTN OPS
- Nicholas Hanks , COO and Co-Founder | MTN OPS
- Tate Stock , Founder and CEO | Chirp
- Bruno Lima , CEO and Co-Founder | Pura
- Richie Stapler , Head of Strategic Relationships and Co-founder | Pura
- Matt Hansen , Founder and CEO | SimpleNexus
- Ryan Westwood , CEO | Simplus
- Martin Ritter , CEO | Stadler US Inc.
- Sydney McGee, CEO and Co-Founder | Studio McGee
- Shea McGee , COO and Co-Founder | Studio McGee
- Jeffrey Hudson , CEO | Venafi
Entrepreneur Of The Year is one of the preeminent competitive business awards for entrepreneurs and leaders of high-growth companies. Finalists were evaluated based on six criteria: entrepreneurial leadership; talent management; degree of difficulty; financial performance; societal impact and building a values-based company; and originality, innovation and future plans. Since its launch, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries throughout the world.
“This year’s finalists are the next class in a long line of unstoppable visionaries,” said Innocent Shumba, US-West EY Private Leader. “They have been carefully selected by our independent panel of judges for their unwavering commitment to their companies, customers and communities in a year of unprecedented change. We are thrilled to share their inspiring stories this year.”
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards, to be announced in November at the Strategic Growth Forum®, one of the nation’s most prestigious gatherings of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner will then move on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in June 2022.
Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winners have exclusive, ongoing access to the experience, insight and wisdom of fellow alumni and other ecosystem members in over 60 countries — all supported by vast EY resources.
Utah Region Focus
Each year, EY US showcases successful entrepreneurs from 20 regional competitions across the United States. In 2020, 12 entrepreneurs leading eight companies from the Utah Region were selected as Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winners.
For information on the Entrepreneur Of The Year Utah Region program, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy/utah.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America.
In the Utah Region, sponsors also include Diversified Insurance Group, Strong & Hanni Law Firm, Silicon Slopes & Truss.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Entrepreneur Of The Year® is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for unstoppable entrepreneurs. These visionary leaders deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world. The program engages entrepreneurs with insights and experiences that foster growth. It connects them with their peers to strengthen entrepreneurship around the world. Entrepreneur Of The Year is the first and only truly global awards program of its kind. It celebrates entrepreneurs through regional and national awards programs in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries. National Overall winners go on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ title. ey.com/us/eoy
About EY Private
As Advisors to the ambitious™, EY Private professionals possess the experience and passion to support private businesses and their owners in unlocking the full potential of their ambitions. EY Private teams offer distinct insights born from the long EY history of working with business owners and entrepreneurs. These teams support the full spectrum of private enterprises including private capital managers and investors and the portfolio businesses they fund, business owners, family businesses, family offices and entrepreneurs. Visit ey.com/us/private
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. EY member firms do not practice law where prohibited by local laws. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.