Interim management: Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO)
Achieving a successful business restructuring or turnaround requires pace, confidence and execution. We provide extensive leadership skills and interim management services in complex situations to execute and ultimately transform the outcome.
What EY restructuring and turnaround leadership services can do for you
Restructuring or turning around a business is often a complex, high stress situation. We work with you to create alignment and understanding to obtain support for the restructuring from internal and external stakeholders. We have many years of experience supporting your teams to deliver the restructuring or providing leadership and executive support, including interim management services such as acting as chief restructuring officer (CRO) or chief restructuring advisor (CRA) in order to help lead the restructuring or turnaround.
Common restructuring and turnaround challenges we can help address:
- Operational and financial underperformance and value erosion
- Loss of focus
- Loss of talent
- Weakened credibility with stakeholders
- Liquidity shortfalls
- Lack of clarity around performance and trust in the numbers (profit and cash)
- Overstretched management
- Lack of appropriate experience and skill to tackle issues
- Failure to hit milestones
How we can help you
- Board support and leadership: From acting as financial advisor to hands-on support such as taking board-level appointments (e.g., chief restructuring officer). We provide guidance and a clarity of thinking drawn from our insights and experience of leading business restructurings for over 40 years.
- Business stabilization: Creating the breathing space and platform to address the challenges through rapid intervention, with a focus on pace and impact to create the necessary grip and control, while securing common internal and external stakeholder understanding and buy-in.
- Business turnaround: Working with management to identify and prioritize value creation, value protection and value recovery opportunities as well as the resources, rigor and step plans necessary to deliver these. Advising on the necessary financial restructuring so that plans are underpinned by a sustainable capital structure.
- Value transformation: Creating and maintaining momentum — from the initial intervention and turnaround initiatives brought by the business restructuring approach, to building and executing a clear medium- to longer-term strategy and value creation plan, through to ultimate exit and value realization.
- Tax impact assessment: We work seamlessly with our restructuring tax professionals to assess the tax impact of potential business decisions including divestments, group reorganizations, the restructuring of third party and inter-company debt or refinancing of existing liabilities.