Leading the restructuring
Restructuring an organization brings many challenges on top of the daily demands of running a business. We provide leadership in difficult and complex situations to execute and ultimately transform the outcome.
What EY can do for you
There are three critical elements to leading a successful restructuring:
- Pace: We provide rapid approaches with imperfect information.
- Confidence: We create understanding, alignment and support with internal and external stakeholders.
- Execution: We focus on actions that provide transformational outcomes.
- Operational and financial underperformance and value erosion
- Loss of focus
- Loss of talent
- Weakened credibility with stakeholders
- Liquidity shortfalls
- Lack of clarity around performance and trust in the numbers (profit and cash)
- Overstretched management
- Lack of appropriate experience and skill to tackle issues
- Failure to hit milestones
How we can help you:
- Board support and leadership: From acting as financial advisor to hands-on support such as taking board-level appointments (e.g., chief restructuring officer). We provide guidance and a clarity of thinking drawn from our insights and experience of leading restructurings for over 40 years.
- Stabilize: Creating the breathing space and platform to address the challenges through rapid intervention, with a focus on pace and impact to create the necessary grip and control, while securing common internal and external stakeholder understanding and buy-in.
- Turnaround: Working with management to identify and prioritize value protection and creation opportunities as well as the resources, rigor and step plans necessary to provide these. Advising on the necessary financial restructuring so that plans are underpinned by a sustainable capital structure.
- Transform: Creating and maintaining momentum — from the initial intervention and turnaround initiatives brought by the restructuring approach, to building and executing a clear medium- to longer-term strategy and value creation plan, through to ultimate exit and value realization.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.