Ernst & Young LLC and the World Travel and Tourism Council examine key steps on the road to recovery for global travel and tourism.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel and tourism was the second-fastest growing industry in the world, representing one of five jobs globally over the last five years. The industry has demonstrated great resilience in the past; governments, tourism authorities and businesses must now consider how to reimagine their futures coming out of such disruption.
- Gloria Guevara, President & CEO – World Travel & Tourism Council
Presentation – The road to recovery
- Maya Whiteley, EY MENA Destinations & Tourism Solution Leader
- Robbie Karver, Latin America/Caribbean Destinations & Tourism Solution Leader, Ernst & Young LLP
Panel – Now, Next and Beyond for the travel & tourism sector
- Brian Tress, EY Global Destinations & Tourism Solution Leader
- Maribel Rodríguez, SVP Membership & Commercial – World Travel & Tourism Council
- Darío Flota Ocampo, CEO – Mexican Caribbean Tourism Board
- Fred Dixon, President & CEO – NYC & Company
- Luís Araújo, President – Turismo de Portugal
- Maria Anthonette Velasco-Allones, COO – Tourism Promotion Board Philippines
- Savvas Perdios, Deputy Minister of Tourism – Visit Cyprus
Topics discussed include :
- NOW: update on the current state
- NEXT: the path to recovery
- BEYOND: the future state
The COVID-19 crisis and its ramifications can be an opportunity to prioritize long-term growth in an increasingly competitive environment, develop resilience to future crises, and meet shifting traveler preferences.
Time your local time