In this webcast we will discuss what drives activist investor interest, typical activist objectives and the board’s role in preparing for and responding to an activist.
Shareholder activism continues to play a critical role in the global capital markets. Not every company is an immediate target, but no company is immune.
During this webcast, panelists will discuss what drives activist investor interest, typical activist objectives and the board’s role in preparing for and responding to an activist.
Join the EY Center for Board Matters for another episode in our webcast series, Better Questions for Boards, designed to provide directors with actionable insights and questions to consider as they engage with management on a variety of complex boardroom issues.
The discussion will focus on the following topics:
- The current activist landscape: the current state of the market and what’s different about activists today
- Activism vulnerabilities: key drivers of activist attention
- Activist objectives and tactics: details about what drives an activist, the stakes for individual directors and how actvists make their move
- The role of the board: steps the board should take to prepare and respond
This CPE-eligible webcast will be 90 minutes. The panel will be moderated by Steve Klemash, EY Americas Leader of the EY Center for Board Matters, Ernst & Young LLP.
- Kris Canekeratne, Chairman and CEO, Virtusa Corp.
- David Hunker, Principal, Shareholder Activism Defense Leader, Ernst & Young LLP
- Melissa Sawyer, Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell, LLP
- Matt Sherman, President, Joele Frank Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher, LLC
Time your local time