Analyzing the current state of environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting, including trends in internal controls and obtaining assurance.
With investors and other stakeholders growing more urgent in their demands for companies to incorporate ESG into nonfinancial reporting companies are increasingly involving the finance function due to their skills in data collection, controls, and delivering high-quality, regular reporting. However, collecting and prioritizing ESG information that is most relevant to the business is an incredible challenge due to the many sources of ESG information that exist and the timing implications of obtaining and processing that data.
Following the second ThinkESG Webcast, the investor perspective on ESG reporting, this third installment in our webcast series delves into considerations for companies as they embark or continue on this reporting journey.
In this webcast, panelists will highlight what they are seeing in terms of leading practices around processes, controls, systems and governance around ESG data, as well as which ESG metrics are most commonly assured, and how companies ultimately determined the best approaches to take in the current reporting year.
Topics discussed include:
- Gaining a better understanding of the latest developments in internal controls related to ESG reporting
- Learning about capturing accurate, reliable nonfinancial reporting data that is relevant to your business
- Jackie Klos| Partner | Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- Elodie Timmermans | Senior Manager | Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- Ryan Bogner | Principal | Environmental, health, safety and sustainability (EHS&S) digital enablement, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Ernst & Young LLP
CPE credits: 1.2
Time your local time