Leading the restructuring and turnaround
Restructuring an organization brings many challenges on top of the daily demands of running a business. We provide leadership in difficult and complex situations to execute and ultimately transform the outcome.
What EY-Parthenon can do for you
There are three critical elements to leading a successful restructuring or turnaround:
Sharing our experience, tools and leadership, we work with you to quickly identify solutions and create understanding and alignment to obtain support for the restructuring from internal and external stakeholders. We can then either support your teams to deliver the restructuring or work with you as an interim manager for example as a Chief Restructuring Officer.
- Operational and financial underperformance and value erosion
- Loss of focus
- Loss of talent
- Weakened credibility with stakeholders
- Liquidity shortfalls
- Lack of clarity around performance and trust in the numbers (profit and cash)
- Overstretched management
- Lack of appropriate experience and skill to tackle issues
- Failure to hit milestones
How we can help you
- Board support and leadership: From acting as financial advisor to hands-on support such as taking board-level appointments (e.g., chief restructuring officer). We provide guidance and a clarity of thinking drawn from our insights and experience of leading restructurings for over 40 years.
- Stabilize: Creating the breathing space and platform to address the challenges through rapid intervention, with a focus on pace and impact to create the necessary grip and control, while securing common internal and external stakeholder understanding and buy-in.
- Turnaround: Working with management to identify and prioritize value creation, value protection and value recovery opportunities as well as the resources, rigor and step plans necessary to deliver these. Advising on the necessary financial restructuring so that plans are underpinned by a sustainable capital structure.
- Transform: Creating and maintaining momentum — from the initial intervention and turnaround initiatives brought by the restructuring approach, to building and executing a clear medium- to longer-term strategy and value creation plan, through to ultimate exit and value realization.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.