Internal Audit Transformation Services
EY Internal Audit (IA) services can help internal audit functions build and maintain trust and ensure business risks are managed effectively. We believe in forward-looking, technology-enabled IA transformation with equal focus on people, process and purpose for long-term value.
Risk leaders continue to pave the way for disruptive change
A review of the top priorities for internal audit and risk management from the EY Global Internal Audit and Internal Controls Survey 2022.
Your business challenge
Organizations face increasing opportunities and challenges from client expectations, technology advancements, changing market and regulatory landscapes. In this environment, internal audit plays an important role in helping leadership navigate a spectrum of business risks.
Following traditional audit approaches is increasingly difficult in providing adequate assurance coverage and relevant business insights to stakeholders. Audit executives are challenged to answer these questions:
- How can we provide higher value and reduced assurance costs, given the evolving business and technology landscape?
- How can we be proactive in identifying emerging risks and organizational capability blind spots?
- How can we provide value-adding actionable insights and answer questions that have not been addressed before?
- How do we define a vision for an IA function that leverages human business and subject-matter expertise and technology automation?
Our services, supported by EY Virtual Internal Auditor (EY VIA), helps companies transform their internal audit function holistically (people, process and technology) to build and maintain trust. Beneficial outcomes include:
Solution features and functionality
EY IA teams can help you continuously monitor organizational risks, controls and transactions and provide actionable insights to improve performance. Through collaborative teaming, managed services and transformative technologies, we help transform and align IA to support the business strategy and create value in a changing risk landscape.
Internal Audit, SoX and JSE 3.84K Controls testing:
- We help management streamline and improve its internal control environment and leverage technology to save effort while obtaining optimal risk coverage.
- In addition, we help companies perform internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) testing on behalf of management against relevant regulatory standards, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (SOX 404), Japan’s Financial Instruments and Exchange Law (known as J-SOX), JSE 3.84K controls testing and others.
EY teams have a mature IA service offering based on providing value to IA functions with global footprints. Our flexible, scalable services help organizations realize desired future state IA capabilities through better risk coverage and increased stakeholder value with cost-effective delivery.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.