15 WOMEN SELECTED FOR EY’S 2019/20 ENTREPRENEURIAL WINNING WOMEN PROGRAMME
EY today announced its selection of 15 women who will take part in its Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme, South Africa. The customised executive leadership programme identifies a select group of high-potential women entrepreneurs, whose businesses show real potential to scale up – and then helps them do it.
The 2019/20 class consists of women who were selected for their readiness to grow their businesses and develop or expand their local footprints, into the next high-growth companies. These women own companies across a wide variety of industry sectors including, recruitment, communications, legal, consumer products as well as financial services and IT.
Azim Omar, EY Africa Growth Markets Leader at EY, says, “We are pleased to welcome a new class of business women to our programme. Unlike many programmes which are focused on helping women start a business, EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women is focused on supporting women in their growth journey beyond start-up businesses. A critical part of the programme is providing the women with access to successful role models and business-building networks.”
The 15 women will join an elite business network of the country’s best high-growth companies and participate in year-round activities designed to build both personal and professional confidence and:
- Expand their knowledge with the latest information, research and executive dialogues about business strategies and practices
- Identify potential partners, strategic alliances, customers and suppliers as well as prospective sources of private capital
- Provide access to informal, one-to-one guidance and support
- Strengthen their executive leadership and business skills and identify opportunities to grow through meetings with senior advisors and seasoned entrepreneurs
- Increase national and regional visibility for themselves and their company among corporate executives, investors and the media
We congratulate the class of 2019/20: (Alphabetical order by company name.)
- Construct Executive Search (Pty) Ltd - Kabwe Mulolo
- 360 Degrees Production House - Megan Willson
- EcoPartners - Charlaine Baartjes
- Frontline Africa Advisory - Asanda Gcoyi
- Hooked on Books - Shaeleen Tobin-Setzkorn
- Hooked on Books - Laura Tobin-Setzkorn
- Human Destiny Exec Search & Recruitment - Elena Mouyis
- Kapcor Construction (Pty) Ltd - Caroll Masevhe
- NXA Technology - Lerato Dontache
- People Solutions - Nita Goodall
- Petanque NXT Group - Michelle Booysen
- Ricinz Construction - Indrani Govender
- Sheer Bliss - Nadine Hocter
- The Source PR & Event Management - Gina Beyers
- Zvikai Systems (Pty) Ltd - Ivy Gwewera
“The investment in the Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme is a source of great pride for the firm and seeing them grow as founders and business leaders is an inspiration. The programme has so far seen over 90 women grow and develop their businesses, since its inception in South Africa in 2013. We are looking forward to seeing the strides the class of 2019/20 will make,” says Omar.
“During the course of the programme we encourage and support the business women to embrace ambitious growth plans starting with the “5 ways to win” which are five key things that successful entrepreneurs must do to scale small companies into large ones. When they do, they expand their companies, hire more employees and build a better working world. The ‘5 ways to win’ are to Think big and be bold; work on the business, rather than in it; establish key advisory networks; build a public profile; and evaluate financing for expansion,” concludes Omar.
Twitter: @EY_Africa | #WinningWomen
Spanning 65 countries, the EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ program identifies successful women entrepreneurs whose businesses show real potential to scale and provides them with the support, resources and access to help accelerate their growth.
For more information, please contact the EY Africa Media Relations Team:
Notes to Editors
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of EY Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. EY Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.