As EY Global Assurance Quality Enablement Leader, Ira oversees the Quality Enablement Leader network and the Sustainable Audit Quality (SAQ) program. The main functions of his role are to enhance, develop, maintain and oversee quality initiatives, including:
- Collaborating with Assurance Leadership to set the audit quality strategy
- Coordinating processes that evaluate quality matters
- Teaming with Professional Practice directors on key SAQ initiatives
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the components of the SAQ pillars
- Developing action plans involving the system of quality management, and internal and external inspections
Ira has over 30 years of experience auditing global financial institutions. This includes a five-year secondment in Japan, three years in Australia and five years in Switzerland.
He has a BS in Accounting from the New York Institute of Technology, and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New York State Society of CPAs.