M&A Tax planning
M&A transactions have grown larger and more complex than ever. Whether it is an acquisition, divestiture, or restructuring, understanding the diverse tax implications associated with transactions requires an experienced and agile team of deal professionals.
What EY can do for you
Without question, we are living in a time of change and uncertainty. Disruption has impacted every aspect of our lives, including the way we do business.
In this environment, the capacity to embrace transformation is critical. Whether that means responding rapidly to assess immediate challenges or revising and executing your strategy against a backdrop of continued unpredictability, it is imperative to respond to change with a flexible and resilient mindset.
At the same time, the issues that you care about are often unique to your business. Understanding all the potential tax implications of a given transaction requires extensive deal and business experience.
With a strong global network of commercially focused tax professionals, EY can help navigate the tax issues that arise across the transaction lifecycle and help ensure that your transaction is tailored to suit the unique needs of your business.
With global scale, connectivity and innovative solutions, our tax professionals can help you drive sustainable and inclusive growth by focusing on the many tax consequences associated with transformational change, anywhere in the world.
Every day, our globally connected teams assist with all manner of transactions, commonly providing services such as:
- Tax diligence to identify and manage both historical and potential future tax exposure
- Development of an acquisition structure that is aligned with your commercial objectives and strategic business plans
- Tax modeling services
- Post-deal services to assess Day 1 readiness and understand go-forward tax implications
To learn more, visit Buy and integrate: M&A advisory
- Assessment of “exit readiness”, and asset perimeter and assessment of the design of pre-transaction restructuring plans
- Development of transaction plan in light of likely buyer pool and particular commercial profiles of potential buyers
- Identification of further opportunities to manage tax attributes
- Implementation support and post-deal services
To learn more, visit Sell and separate
- Identification of tax measures relevant to the transaction (e.g., managing use of tax attributes and assessment of the availability of tax exemptions)
- Identify immediate opportunities to provide liquidity or relief (e.g., debt restructuring)
- Design of restructuring plans and assessment of restructuring alternatives
To learn more, visit Tax considerations in value creation, preservation and recovery
To learn more about EY Transaction tax, visit EY Transaction tax, law and workforce advisory services
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.