EY Tax webcast
The Affordable Care Act series
Employer update during 2017 season of change
With the House passage of the American Health Care Act (AHCA) on 8 May, the focus of healthcare reform shifts to the Senate, which is drafting its own bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.
While including many AHCA provisions, the Senate’s Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA) differs significantly from the House bill. Further changes to the BCRA are likely, as Senate Republicans work to get the votes needed to pass their bill.
Join our panel of Ernst & Young LLP professionals for a discussion of how US healthcare reform may affect your business and your employees. Topics to be discussed include:
- Potential effects of the AHCA and the BCRA on businesses
- Next steps in the legislative process
- Possible state reactions to enactment of the proposed legislation
- Potential effects of the proposed legislation on employer reporting requirements
- The possibility of new IRS guidance on large employer information reporting
- Employers’ reactions to the uncertainty in the current healthcare legislative and regulatory environment, particularly as it relates to their employees
Discussion topics may change or be supplemented depending on whether new legislative developments occur before the webcast. In addition, as US tax and healthcare reform evolves throughout the year, future webcasts will address these developments and how they could affect employers.
1.0 RCH credit is available to Certified Payroll Professionals (CPP) and Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) professionals.
- Alan Ellenby, Executive Director, ACA Technical Advisory Leader, Ernst & Young LLP, Chicago, IL
- Annette King, Executive Director, ACA Center of Excellence Leader, Ernst & Young LLP, Tampa, FL
- Heather Meade, Principal, Washington Council Ernst & Young, Ernst & Young LLP, Washington, DC
- Helen Morrison, Principal, National Tax Compensation and Benefits, Ernst & Young LLP, Washington, DC
- Ann Bradshaw, Partner, National Director – ACA Compliance & Reporting Services, Ernst & Young LLP, Houston, TX