EY Tax Webcast
Federal business tax credits: essential employer update
Update: The 31 January webcast alludes to the possibility that certain tax credits may be extended, modified or expanded through legislation related to the FY18 budget. After the webcast was recorded, the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 was signed into law on 9 February. For more information about the impact of this new legislation on the tax credits discussed in the webcast, please click here for related tax alerts: 2018-0331 and 2018-0332.
Federal tax credits give businesses the opportunity to recover a portion of their expenses, and there are a number of credits tied to employment and wages.
Due to the natural disasters in 2017 and the recently enacted Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), there are several new tax credits available to employers. Furthermore, some existing credits were preserved in TCJA, and there is pending legislation to extend certain expired provisions. All combined, these credits can mean substantial potential savings for employers.
Join us and hear our team of Ernst & Young LLP professionals discuss these important developments in employment-related federal business tax credits and what to watch for in 2018.
Following are the topics we will explore:
- The current legislative landscape – what’s next?
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) update
- New tax credit for family and medical paid leave under the TCJA
- Hurricane Disaster Zone credits and potential expansion for California wildfires
- Status of renewal of the Federal Empowerment Zone and Indian Employment credits
This is an interactive webcast and we encourage you to ask questions.
1.0 RCH credit is available to Certified Payroll Professionals (CPP) and Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) professionals.
- Phil Hurak, Ernst & Young LLP, Tax Credit Services
- Annette King, Ernst & Young LLP, Affordable Care Act Services
- Leigh Messina, Ernst & Young LLP, National Director, WOTC Services
- Tim Parrish, Ernst & Young LLP, Tax Credit Services
- Ali Master, Ernst & Young LLP, National Director, Workforce Advisory Services