EY Center for Board Matters
Top priorities for boards in 2019
Better Questions for Boards webcast series
Join the EY Center for Board Matters for another episode in our webcast series, Better Questions for Boards, which is designed to provide directors with insights and questions to consider as they engage with management on a variety of complex boardroom issues.
In today’s world of unrelenting disruption and innovation, a company’s board plays a more active role than ever before in overseeing strategy amid industry convergence and workforce transformation, shifting consumer attitudes, increased climate risk, diminishing trust in organizations, political polarization, rising income inequality and various other megatrends shaping the business environment. As a result, the board agenda is packed and the roles and expectations of directors will continue to grow in the coming year.
In this episode, Top priorities for boards in 2019, our panelists will help boards navigate the challenges ahead by discussing five priorities for boards in 2019, including:
- Embracing the duality of strategy
- Transforming the governance of risk management
- Accelerating the talent agenda and activating culture as a strategic asset
- Strengthening communication and engagement with stakeholders
- Continuing to enhance board performance
- George Anderson, Partner and Leader of Board Effectiveness Services, Spencer Stuart
- Glenn Booraem, Principal and the Investment Stewardship Officer, Vanguard
- Joe Dettmann, Partner, People Advisory Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- Kris Pederson, Senior Strategy Partner, EY