EY Tax Webcast
Global tax policy and controversy in 2019
The global tax environment in 2019 continues to be uncertain, with controversy on the rise. Disruptions abound and the tax landscape is changing as technological advances bring taxpayers and tax administrations new ways of doing business. Trade policy also continues to disrupt the business landscape.
Additionally, the base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS) action plan and Europe’s Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive (ATAD) both continue to drive significant change across multiple tax areas, while countries continue to search for ways to use their tax rates and base to maintain a competitive stance. At the multilateral level, a new debate is opening on whether fundamental changes to nexus and the allocation of taxing rights will address not only digital challenges, but may deliver more fundamental modernization of the international tax system.
Join our panel of EY leaders as they talk through the most significant trends and discuss some leading practices for responding, including
- Corporate income tax rates and base broadening trends in 2019?
- The impact of BEPS and ATAD-related changes in 2019
- The outlook for digital tax policies and the wider post-BEPS tax framework
- The outlook for G20, OECD and European Commission activity in 2019?
- How other governments may consider responding to US international tax reform
- Key enforcement trends and audit triggers around the world