EY Digital Tax webcast
Taxation of the digital economy – March 2019 update
We are offering this webcast twice in 24 hours. Please register for the webcast that best suits your schedule. Please note that participants can earn CPE for only one event. Viewers will not earn two or more CPE credits for participating in multiple events.
The global tax landscape and taxation of the digital economy continues to evolve, with C-suite and tax executives looking for clarity on several key issues and in critical areas that could have far-reaching impact on local, national and global taxation.
In this installment of our webcast series, our panel of professionals will consider these pressing questions:
- Given the recent flurry of activity and discussion, what can we expect as a result of the EU’s ECOFIN meeting and the OECD policy note and newly-issued consultation note?
- How are unilateral Digital Services Taxes (DSTs) shaping up across the world, and how will national measures or actions in the EU affect other jurisdictions?
- What impact will we see on international tax norms, as a result of the debate on the re-allocation of taxing rights and how that might connect to a potential global minimum tax?
- What should corporate taxpayers do now to assess, respond to and comply with new obligations?
- What is the best way to communicate and act across different business units and among key enterprise stakeholders?
- When, how and why should you enter the debate?
Tax is at the center of the action and essential to the core of the discussion, particularly on the subject of tax in the digital economy. Whether your company already operates with a highly digitalized business model or is in the early stages of assessing your digital footprint, the evolving landscape will impact all.
- Channing Flynn, Partner, International Tax Services and EY Global Tax Technology Sector Leader
- Jonathon Locascio, Senior Director of Tax, Snap Inc.
- Marlies de Ruiter, EY Global International Tax Services Policy Leader
- Barbara Angus, EY Global Tax Policy Leader, Ernst & Young LLP (US)
- Tracey Kuuskoski, APAC Digital Indirect Tax Leader, Ernst & Young Solutions LLP (Singapore)
- Matthew Mealey, Partner, International Tax Services, Ernst & Young LLP (UK)