IFRS 17 – Exposure Draft of proposed changes
The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) will be issuing an Exposure Draft of proposed changes to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts at the end of June 2019. We’re delighted to announce that Darrel Scott from the IASB will be joining us for a webcast to discuss the implications of the key amendments proposed.
During this webcast, our panelists will discuss the amendments to IFRS 17, the impact these changes will have on insurers, and how the changes have been received across the industry.
- An overview of what we are seeing in the market relating to IFRS 17
- A deep-dive into the newly released Exposure Draft from Darrel Scott of the IASB
- A view on the proposed changes from a member of the insurance industry
- Darrel Scott, Board Member, IASB
- Kevin Griffith, Global IFRS 17 Leader, Ernst & Young LLP, UK
CPE credit offered: 1.0 Recommended Field of Study: Finance. Learning objectives: Discuss the amendments to IFRS 17, the impact these changes will have on insurers; Describe how these changes have been received across the industry. This intermediate level, group internet-based course has no prerequisites or advanced preparation. Final CPE award to be based on content, polling, length of participation, etc. For more, see CPE FAQ