EY sends six high performers to Monaco for its 2015 Accelerating Entrepreneurs program
London, 29 April 2015
EY has selected six high-performing entrepreneurs from around the world to participate in its prestigious Accelerating Entrepreneurs program. Run by EY, the program gives the selected entrepreneurs support to scale-up their businesses by receiving detailed guidance, advice, networking and insight-sharing opportunities at EY’s World Entrepreneur Of The Year event in Monaco, between 3-7 June 2015, as well as ongoing support from EY.
- The six will receive mentoring from “Growth Coaches” at EY World Entrepreneur Of The YearTM in Monaco, where they will network with leading entrepreneurs from around the world
- Participants will receive on-the-job advice around long-term growth and better working from a seconded EY Vantage Advisor
- The six participants hail from Nigeria, the US, Indonesia, United Arab Emirates, Turkey and Bulgaria
The final six were selected by an independent judging panel of “Growth Coaches,” assessed through criteria such as entrepreneurial spirit, social impact, innovation and leadership.
The final participants who will attend the 15th annual World Entrepreneur Of The Year are:
- Gossy Ukanwoke, BAU Research and Development - Nigeria
- Sarah Kauss, S’well Bottle - US
- Stefanie Kurniadi, Nasi Goreng Mafia - Indonesia
- Idriss Al Rifai, MENA360 - United Arab Emirates
- Bulent Tekmen, ininal - Turkey
- Ivaylo Penchev, Walltopia - Bulgaria
Bryan Pearce, Global Leader, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year and Venture Capital, says:
“As enterprises scale-up, they have a huge impact on their communities and the wider world through the jobs they create and the innovative products and services they offer. That’s why it’s so important we support them at this critical stage of their journey by opening up our network to them.
“The EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year event brings together some of the world’s finest and most accomplished entrepreneurs, many of whom have grown to become global market leaders. Accelerating Entrepreneurs is a chance for tomorrow’s market leaders to learn from these people, with hands-on advice at the event and ongoing mentorship and support to help them on the next stage of their growth journey.”
Winners will receive a comprehensive program of advice, support and mentorship, including:
- A 90-minute advisory and coaching session at EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year where participants present their business plans to a panel of “Growth Coaches” which will provide feedback and direction
- The opportunity to form ongoing mentoring relationships with Growth Coaches and EY Entrepreneur Of The Year country winners
- Attendance at the annual EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year forum, all expenses paid, to meet and network with leading entrepreneurs from over 60 countries who will gather in Monaco
- An Advisor from EY’s Vantage volunteer program - which aims to improve entrepreneurs’ key business processes - seconded to their business for six weeks to help address their biggest obstacles and create long-term business goals for growth
The Growth Coaches are:
- Branko Milutinović, CEO of leading gaming company, Nordeus, Serbia
- Diane Foreman, Chairman and CEO of New Zealand’s Emerald Group, New Zealand
- Ariel Pfeffer, co-founder of Latin America’s Punta Tech Meetup, Uruguay
- Ken Goldman, CFO of multinational Internet corporation Yahoo, US
- Ivan Teh, founder, CEO and Managing Director of Malaysia’s Fusionex, Malaysia
- Edgar Bronfman, Jr. (Endeavor Board Member), Managing Partner at Accretive LLC and Endeavor Chairman, US
Notes to Editors
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.
About EY World Entrepreneur Of The YearTM
EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in 60 countries.
About EY Vantage
Since 2005, EY has dedicated its best resources — its talented, experienced people — to improving the success of promising entrepreneurs in Latin America in an effort to create scalable, sustainable economic value. Through this signature volunteer program in entrepreneurship, we work with the not-for-profit Endeavor to place EY Vantage Advisors with high-impact entrepreneurs on projects that improve the integrity and effectiveness of the entrepreneurs’ key business processes, while leveraging the unique skills of each of our professionals. The programhas a significant impact — both on our Advisors, by offering them a world-class professional growth opportunity, and on entrepreneurs and their communities, by helping to catalyze economic growth.