Automotive & Transportation
Automotive tax services
We have created a network of tax advisors who understand the complex realities of the international automotive marketplace. Our Automotive Tax service line covers the breadth of advisory and compliance services for both corporate and personal tax clients.
We provide clear and actionable corporate tax advice that complements and adds value to companies’ mainstream commercial operations throughout every stage of the tax life cycle: planning, provision, compliance and controversy. We also provide personal tax compliance and advisory services for senior executives.
We offer tax advisory and compliance services to companies and their international or domestic assignees. These services include global mobility advisory, assignment administration, process risk assessments, business immigration and expatriate tax return processing. We also advise clients on performance and reward programs.
We focus on advisory and compliance services for all aspects and types of indirect tax, including value added tax (VAT), goods and services tax, and customs duties.
We provide cross-border corporate income tax advice on cross-border financing and structuring, transfer pricing and tax-efficient supply chain management.
We focus on transaction support services as well as tax due diligence, including tax structuring advice.
Examples of our work
- Client objective: increase competitiveness by reducing global effective tax rate and enhancing supply chain tax efficiency (US, Russia).
- Our contribution: we conducted feasibility studies and redesigned an operating model to achieve $5B in cost savings over 10 years, and a projected reduction of over 10% in the effective tax rate.
- Client objective: achieve greater informational transparency to allow management to respond more rapidly to changes in business plan (US).
- Our contribution: we assist large, global players across the automotive value chain to transform their finance organizations through process reengineering and technology design, build and deployment.
- Client objective: understand the role that the company could play in the emerging EV infrastructure value chain. (US, Western Europe).
- Our contribution: created an awareness of key stakeholders and facilitated a strategic discussion with senior management on the different possible directions the company could take.
- Client objective: ensure that the company’s IT security was robust enough to stand up to increasing scrutiny of boards and government bodies (US).
- Our contribution: performed maturity assessment of company’s information security program and identified actionable improvements based on leading practice examples from across the sector.
- Client objective: align its transfer pricing processes in order to avoid paying significant overseas taxes in spite of losing money in its headquartered country (US).
- Our contribution: improved and automated company’s transfer pricing processes allowing the client to realize significant efficiency and cost savings that more than paid for the project.