Record-level dealmaking in the first quarter of 2018 gives oil and gas companies a positive M&A outlook for the next 12 months, notes our Global Capital Confidence Barometer.
Confident oil and gas M&A market spurs deals
2018 outlook of oil and gas analyst themes
Top 10 themes of quarterly oil and gas earnings
Top 10 themes of quarterly oil and gas earnings
EY at World Petroleum Congress 2017
Top 10 analyst themes from quarterly oil and gas earnings calls
Capital projects in oil and gas
Global oil and gas transactions review 2016
Why the time is right for digital oil companies
Oil & Gas
Fueling your future in a global economy
With rising global energy demand, the oil and gas industry has a wide range of challenges and opportunities across the upstream, midstream, downstream and oilfield services sectors. We help oil and gas companies navigate through the changing regulatory environment, manage risks and optimize performance.
To help seize new opportunities, our 9,200 oil and gas professionals provide guidance on key industry issues, such as:
- Competing and managing risk in oil and gas
While risk continues to dominate the energy landscape, competition is also becoming a dominate feature. We help oil and gas companies understand their business risks and develop plans to manage or capitalize on them.
Our professionals understand business operations and use their knowledge to support clients in defining and developing their strategies and risk mitigation techniques.
- Playing by the local rules: State-owned enterprise success in Canada's oil and gas industry
- US LNG exports driven by demand
- Business pulse: oil and gas
- The Norwegian oil field service analysis 2012
- Review of the UK oilfield services industry in 2012
- Global LNG: New pricing ahead?
- 2012 Global oil and gas reserves study
- Exploring the top 10 opportunities and risks in Canada's oil sands 2012–13
- The evolving world of supplier risk
- Oil and gas cyber security update
- Overcoming the challenges of implementing NOC globalization ambitions
- Eurozone in motion: Oil & gas sector-specific considerations
- Rising to new challenges in the face of global demand: liquefied natural gas in Canada
- Navigating M&A and investment decisions
Players in the capital-intensive oil and gas industry began partnering more vigorously. The past two years have seen a significant ramp-up in oil companies’ planned investments in unconventional oil and gas plays, with a marked increase in joint ventures and acquisitions.
Need to make better and more informed decisions about how to strategically manage capital and implement transactions in a changing world? Let us help.
- Cost reduction and process optimization
Oil and gas companies have seen significant increases in drilling, service, production and operating costs over the past decade. More complex operations generally mean more costly operations.
The most common initiatives for companies were to optimize processes and embed controls. Typically, companies in the oil and gas sector seeking to contain costs will focus heavily on third-party spend, headcount, shared services, IT efficiencies and outsourcing.
- New and emerging market growth
The rise of emerging markets gives the oil and gas industry a new business perspective. Challenges and opportunities exist in a growing economy, evolving government regulations and increasing competition.
Whether you have a tight focus on the BRIC countries or want to see the full range of emerging market growth, we provide a global industry perspective.
- Oil and gas in emerging markets: finding a new way forward
- Creating shared value in Africa
- African oil and gas: driving sustainable growth
- EY's Africa: Oil & Gas capabilities
- Oilfield services in Asia: Emergence of a new business model
- Mexico: making the most of the energy reform
- Russia’s downstream sector: sights set on modernization
- Monitoring regulatory changes
The top driver of regulatory risks, as reported by oil and gas companies in our global multi-sector survey, is the sector-specific regulatory pressures. In many countries, regulatory and fiscal frameworks are uncertain.
Our accounting and tax compliance services are focused on helping large, multinational companies meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business.
- 2012 global oil and gas tax guide
- Oil and gas alert: Dodd-Frank Act
- Risk and compliance for global oil and gas companies
- IFRS oil and gas insights
- FIRPTA investment guide
- Master limited partnership accounting and reporting guide
- Tax Insight: Australia's Petroleum Resource Rent Tax (PRRT)
- Shale gas report - Poland: tax and accounting issues
- Fiscal Year 2013 Budget of the US Government: impact on the oil and gas industry