- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- Private Client Services
- People Advisory Services
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy and Controversy
- Transaction Tax
- VAT, GST and Other Sales Taxes
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
EY in Greece | Events and Sponsorships
8 May 2018 | Sponsorship
Tax policy: Taxation system selection tools - Tax application issues
We would like to inform you that we will be participating as sponsors in an event organized by the Greek Chapter of the International Fiscal Association (IFA), titled: "Tax policy: Taxation system selection tools - Tax application issues".
On behalf of EY, Mary Michalopoulou will be delivering a presentation.
» April 2018
19 April 2018 | Sponsorship
14th Athens Tax Forum
We would like to inform you that we are participating as sponsors in the 14th Athens Tax Forum, titled: "Tax policies against shadow economy". The Forum is organized by the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce.
On behalf of EY, Stephanos Mitsios and Yiannis Zahariadis, will deliver a presentation, titled: "Tax policy, tax evasion and the shadow economy".
» March 2018
28 March 2018 | Sponsorship
Recent developments in business taxation and fiscal procedures
We would like to inform you that we are participating as sponsors in a roundtable discussion organized by the Hellenic-French Chamber of Industry and Commerce, titled: "Recent developments in business taxation and fiscal procedures".
The goal of this event is to inform the participants on the implementation of the new regulations in business taxation and fiscal procedures, the recent case-laws and the adjacent circulars issued by the Independent Authority for Public Revenue (AADE) on matters such as limitation periods and tax audits.
» February 2018
9 February 2018 | Sponsorship
2nd Law Forum on Data Protection & Privacy
We would like to inform you that we are participating as Silver Sponsors in the 2nd Law Forum on Data Protection & Privacy, titled: "The Role of the Data Protection Officer", organized by Palladian Conferences, under the auspices of the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI), the Hellenic-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce, SEKASE and the (ISC)2 Hellenic Chapter.
The Forum will explore the role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in the new regulatory environment created by the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
On behalf of EY, Eirinikos Platis and Ioanna Vourvoulia will participate as speakers.
- The new corporate environment under the General Data Protection Regulation - Compliance steps
- The profile of the ideal Data Protection Officer
- The business perspective: costs - profits - dangers - losses
- The European Organizations paradigm
- The DPO in Greece
23 November 2017 | Event
The new regulatory framework - Latest tax developments
EY in Greece co-organized The new regulatory framework - Latest tax developments event, along with the Federation of Industries of Northern Greece (SBBE).
On behalf of EY, Panagiotis Papagiannakopoulos and Apostolos Vorras participated in a session regarding the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Athina Siafarika participated in a session on out-of-court settlement, while Stephanos Mitsios and Konstantina Galli delivered presentations on ongoing tax developments.
- The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Out of court settlement
Ongoing tax developments
15 November 2017 | Sponsorship
9th Thessaloniki Tax Forum
EY in Greece participated as a sponsor in the 9th Thessaloniki Tax Forum titled: Tax framework impact on business uncertainty & absence of investment, organized by the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce.
On behalf of EY, John Goulias, delivered a presentation titled: "Tax audits in practice".
- Marginal taxation & insurance contributions
- Taxation and impact on the Economy
- Independent Authority for Public Revenue strategy
- Taxation and balanced growth
- Increase tax vs reduction of expenditures
- OECD & EU tax issues & trends
- Budget gap: How can we cover without raising taxes?
10 April 2017 | Sponsorship
13th Athens Tax Forum
EY in Greece participated as a sponsor in the 13th Athens Tax Forum, titled: Tax environment: Driver for growth or competitive advantage?. The Forum was organized by the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce.
On behalf of EY, Nikos Evangelopoulos, Partner, Tax Advisory & Compliance Services, EY Greece, delivered a presentation titled: Tax audit, taxes-tax evasion-black economy, plastic money.
- The continuous contribution to the Greek tax system reform
- The consistent focus on the now tight political and practical challenges in taxation, through a structured dialogue, rational thought and the exchange of opinions according to the participants’ expertise
- The interactive participation of political and administrative leaders, business executives and experienced professionals from Greece and abroad
- Drawing up catalytic conclusions and recommendations for the overall improvement of our tax system
21 March 2017 | Sponsorship
Black economy and tax evasion - The country needs solutions
EY in Greece participated in the event titled: "Black economy and tax evasion - The country needs solutions", which was held on 21 March. Stephanos Mitsios, Partner – Head of Tax, EY Greece, as a keynote speaker, presented the findings of an in-depth survey about the impact, the international best practices and the proposals on facing the black economy and tax evasion. In this context, he delivered a presentation titled: Tax evasion: Characteristics, causes and the extent of the phenomenon in Greece. The survey was conducted by EY Greece on behalf of diaNEOsis - Research and policy institute.
The event was co-organized by SEV - Hellenic Federation of Enterprises and diaNEOsis, and it aimed to offer further insights on the problem and enhance the public dialogue with reliable data.
15 February 2017 | Event
3rd Athens Transfer Pricing Symposium
EY in Greece organized its 3rd Athens Transfer Pricing Symposium.
Key topics included:
- EU Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive - The EU response to the BEPS actions
- Restructuring – Functional changes and article 51 of Income Tax Code
- TP tax audits in Europe and in Greece
New Law 3427/2005 (Law 89) framework Vs Advance Pricing Agreements
Find out more at ey.com/gr/3rd-transfer-pricing-symposium
7 November 2016 | Sponsorship
8th Thessaloniki Tax Forum
EY in Greece joins the discussion about combating tax evasion
EY in Greece was one of the sponsors of the 8th Thessaloniki Tax Forum titled: “Convert Taxation into a true business partner. Lingering over-taxation and disproportionate distribution of the tax burden as severe obstacles to the dynamic restart of the economy”. The event was organized by the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce at the Met hotel in Thessaloniki, on 7 November.
Stephanos Mitsios, Tax Leader in Greece, attended the event and delivered a presentation on “Tax evasion in Greece: Critical aspects and potential solutions”. His presentation focused on “EY’s observations and advice on facing tax evasion in Greece”, a recent survey conducted by EY in Greece on behalf of diaNEOsis, a research and policy institute which strives to promote high-quality research, and aspires to catalyze policy change through dialogue.
“Obviously, as long as the problem of tax evasion is not treated effectively, tax increases will continue to cover fiscal gaps, intensifying the recession”, commented Stefanos Mitsios, adding that “tax evasion is directly linked with over-taxation and an unequal tax burden distribution”.
The main outcomes of the survey emphasized on:
- The annual tax evasion in Greece, which is estimated from 6% to 9% of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- The over-taxation and gaps in technological infrastructure audit mechanisms, which are the main causes of tax evasion locally
- A series of proposals to address tax evasion
The survey received unusually high media coverage, with 243 total features in the media – a clear indication of how relevant this topic is in Greek society presently. Panos Papazoglou, Country Managing Partner, also appeared on TV to comment on the findings. Among the many positive impacts this survey has for Greece, it has equally as important ones for EY. It has strengthened the EY brand and specifically further enhanced the Tax team’s leading position in the market. Indeed, this survey helped distinguish us significantly from our competitors.
Tax awards given by the International Tax Review magazine:
- National Tax Firm of the Year (2011, 2014, 2016, 2017)
- National Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)