About the program
Entrepreneurs create some of the most dynamic and successful companies in the world. That is why EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ is considered the world’s most prestigious business award - because it goes to the most deserving from among one of the most unique groups of people on the planet. In the final meeting, the Judges will deliberate on their decision for category winners and the Indonesia Entrepreneur Of The Year country winner based in six criteria:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Sets very high standards for self and business and demonstrates strong leadership skills and an unflinching desire and determination to be successful.
- Demonstrates perseverance in the face of adversity and overcoming obstacles
- Has capacity to be an independent thinker and to take on and manage risks in the face of uncertainty
- Value Creation
- The value created for stakeholders through effective development and deployment of the organization’s strategic capabilities.
- The strength of the organization’s financial performance, development of human capital and sustainability.
- The quality of past investments. If public, market performance over the past three years
- The strategies in place for long term sustainability
- Strategic Direction
- Creates and turns business visions into business realities
- Builds and rebuilds teams’ commitments to the common goals
- Demonstrates the ability to produce new products, innovate product use and differentiate themselves from their competitors
- Demonstrate operational excellence within the organization to optimize structure and processes within the business model
- Shares knowledge and empowers individuals, teams and a range of advisers/allies to ensure success for all
- National and Global Impact
- Makes an influential presence in markets and industries in terms of job creation and improved living economics
- Displays a strategy and model to expand their presence abroad
- High degree of potential for growth and expansion, at domestically and internationally.
- Pioneers a new approach/business model in product, culture or processes
- Recognizes the business imperative of anticipating and embracing change occurring in the competitive environment
- Ventures with continual improvement and innovation in all aspects of the business
- Creates a culture of innovation within the organization
- Personal Integrity/Purpose-driven Leadership
- Personal values that has earned the entrepreneur great respect from key stakeholders (staff, competitors, customers, advisers, family and the wider community).
- Entrepreneur’s commitment to the organization’s purpose and the highest ethical and quality standards in business activities and operations
- Has a strong sense of personal purpose and has made a strong philanthropic contribution to the community
To receive additional information on the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards or if you wish to nominate someone who deserves to be recognized for their entrepreneurial vision and achievement, please contact us.