We describe an end-to-end progressive “wave” approach which can integrate different digital initiatives into a cohesive whole.
Video: The digital wave transformation approach
How can mining and metals ride the digital wave?
Webcast: Mining and metals – riding the digital wave
Webcast: Make cyber risk a priority
Cyber risk in mining and metals
M&A and capital raising – trends and outlook
Robotic Process Automation in mining and metals
Webcast: M&A and capital raising – 2018 outlook
Mining & Metals
How EY’s Global Mining & Metals Network can help your business
The sector is returning to growth but mining and metals (M&M) companies face a transformed competitive and operating landscape. The need to improve shareholder returns will drive bold strategies to accelerate productivity, improve margins and better allocate capital to achieve long-term growth. Digital innovation will be a key enabler but the industry must overcome a poor track record of technology implementations. If M&M companies are to survive and thrive in a new energy world, they must embrace digital to optimize productivity from market to mine.
EY takes a whole-of-value chain approach to enable each client to seize the potential of digital to fast-track productivity, balance portfolios and set a clear roadmap for their new energy future.
Key issues in today’s mining and metals environment include:
- Your capital agenda — getting fit and being agile
In order to get in shape and prosper through long term volatility, EY can help you identify focus areas to more effectively manage costs, release cash and position for future growth.
- Productivity — enabled by digital
You can only truly achieve a sustainable productivity improvement by adopting an integrated end-to-end business approach from market to mine.
One of the key steps that can significantly reduce the integration gap is to adopt digital strategies to reduce variability in the organization, enhance an end-to-end approach and improve decision-making.
In our series of insights papers, we explore the transformations necessary to improve productivity.
- Video insights: Robotic Process Automation in mining and metals
- Video insights: Cyber risk in mining
- Webcast on-demand: The digital disconnect in mining and metals
- Digital in mining and metals
- Blog: What’s holding miners back from productivity improvements?
- Improving productivity from market to mine
- Productivity in mining: now comes the hard part
- Productivity in labor: it is only a ceasefire
- Opportunities to enhance capital productivity
- Productivity in mining: A case for broad transformation
- Steel — competing for growth
The steel sector is undergoing a transformation as globalization defines the business landscape. Companies need to understand the trends and refine their strategies, business models and portfolios according to a truly global mindset. Their long-term success depends on it.
- Transparency and stakeholder management
There are new rules being imposed on the mining and metals sector requiring much broader disclosure of tax and other payments. Companies are challenged with staying abreast of recent and pending rules and regulations, and this is key to positioning for success.
The sector has many conflicting stakeholders, and communities can now shut down a project, not just delay or reduce value, and so the sector’s ability to articulate its social return on investment is key.
- Video insights: The impact of tax on mining investments in Mexico
- Video insights: Tax implication of digital on miners
- Video insights: The future of tax in mining and metals
- Video insights: Key global mining & metals tax themes for 2017-18
- Mining tax alert: Australia – Single touch payroll
- Mining tax alert: Senegal, January 2017
- Trump and the tax reform blueprint
- Meeting your reporting challenges
Transformational events and trends are shaping financial reporting.To help you navigate the complexities, EY has created the Refining IFRS series as well as the Good Mining Guide, an illustrative set of consolidated financial statements.
EY has also created a Centre for Board Matters which covers the assurance, governance and risk issues that directors across all sectors need to consider, looking at current and future trends.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Mining and Metals Capital Confidence Barometer
Growth slips down the agenda, but mining and metals executives remain confident in the global economy. View the results of our latest Capital Confidence Barometer.
View our series which examines the unique issues faced by mining and metals companies applying IFRS.