Clients know that strategy becomes pointless without swift, agile execution. It's the actual doing, the execution fastened to the thinking, that benefits you the most.
EY Advisory believes a better working world means addressing big, complex industry issues to deliver outcomes that grow, optimise and protect our clients' businesses. We work with you to turn thinking into execution; to accelerate profitable innovation and digital ecosystems; deliver breakthrough innovation strategies; optimise organisations' capabilities; and help drive growth and manage risk.
Our diverse teams, combined with our global connectivity and understanding of your industry issues, inspire us to ask better questions. We then create innovative answers. Together, we deliver better outcomes and long-lasting results, from strategy to execution.
Is your menu focusing on the right ingredients?
EY was asked to conduct a review of the National Food Hub business initiatives leading to the development of a 5-year business plan to redefine their structure and operating model.Contact us
Can you profit from our innovation?
EY successfully utilised a structured process to develop a new corporate strategy that will focus on a non-profit’s points of differentiation to sustain (and grow) their future success.Contact us
When you reach a fork in the road, what path do you take?
Chuck Sykes, President and Chief Executive Officer of Sykes Enterprises, discusses the value and cultural impact of working with EY on business model innovation and growth. Watch the video.Contact us
Can emerging technologies transform your business?
EY helped a global life sciences partner identify attractive market options for 3D printing and designed business model alternatives to explore this disruptive technology.Contact us
Is your model allowing you to operate efficiently?
EY designed a new operation model for a national insurance provider that included improving efficiencies and identifying regional-scale synergies to support their 3-year strategic transformation.Contact us
Are you prepared to execute your strategy?
EY helped transform the business and execute a bank's strategy with a wide variety of services ranging from Target Operating Model Design to IT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture.Contact us
- Why we exist
At EY, our purpose is to build a better working world for our clients, our people and our communities.
We strive to help create a legacy of improved business performance, confidence and trust.
- How we do it
We team globally to create innovative answers with our clients. The ongoing collaboration between EY consultants and our clients results in better working businesses.
We choose exactly the right people and bring the best, newest thinking to your issue to translate strategy into reality.
- What we do
We work with the C-suite of large and complex organisations around four main strategic platforms:
- Growth & Innovation
- Purpose-Led Transformation
- Digital Enterprise Strategy
- Rapid Profit Transformation
To deliver better outcomes for your organisation, we can deploy a wide range of services around these platforms:
- Product, Service, Experience, and Business Model Innovation
- Agile Innovation
- Innovation Process and Activation
- Digital Strategy & Enablement
- Growth Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Strategy Execution & Transformation
- Enterprise Operating Model Effectiveness
- Merger Integration Strategy & Programme Design
- Strategic Profit Improvement
EY has strong delivery capabilities, deep experience and sector presence, honed across a myriad range of client projects. We also have the ability to design and deliver transformation around it. We blend the best of strategic thinking with 'what if?' design thinking to identify, address and solve key business issues – from analysis through to execution.
How we can help
We address big, complex issues and opportunities to deliver better working outcomes that grow, optimise and protect your businesses now and in the future.
Growth and innovation
Growth strategies help clients decide where to play and how to win. We help our clients grow beyond their competitors.
Growth strategies help clients decide where to play and how to win. We help our clients grow beyond their competitors by combining:
- Agile innovation – the art of making hard things easy and creating new viable business offerings faster
- Business model innovation – the identification of growth targets and growth initiative options to develop a prioritised growth strategy, and help our clients to define the business model required to achieve that strategy and adapt to a changing market place
- Growing Beyond Borders – EY's proprietary data tool to assess global growth opportunities
Client case studies
- Global Agri Business
EY was asked to conduct a review of the National Food Hub business initiatives leading to the development of a 5-year business plan to redefine their structure and operating model.
- US National Non-Profit
EY successfully utilised a structured process, using purpose, to develop a new corporate strategy that will focus on the client's points of differentiation to sustain (and grow) their future success.
- Sykes Enterprises
Chuck Sykes, President and Chief Executive Officer of Sykes Enterprises, discusses the value and cultural impact of working with EY on business model innovation and growth.
Purpose-Led Transformation helps an organisation clarify strategy, align leadership, engage the entire organisation in executing effectively, and deliver and maintain an innovation advantage.
Purpose-led Transformation is a service offering, methodology, and forum for helping organisations with strategic transformation lead with “purpose.” Purpose is an aspirational reason for being that inspires and calls to action. Purpose serves as a motivating and centring foundation to drive strategic transformation.
Research shows that organisations that embody purpose see significant, measureable results.
- Employees are 1.7 times more satisfied and 3 times more likely to stay at a purpose-led company1
- 89% of clients believe a purpose-driven company will deliver the highest quality products/services2
- Purpose-led companies outperformed the S&P 500 by 10 times between 1996 and 20113
Our methodology allows purpose to set the strategic vision with a burning ambition and then utilises agile innovation with pilots to pull organisations onto the new strategic growth trajectory. Additionally, EY operates the Beacon Institute with the objective to transform business by advancing the science and execution of purpose.
Our purpose-led journey: We believe in the power of purpose-led transformation because we live and breathe it each and every day. In the last two years, we have shifted our purpose from a singular focus on quality to a broader focus of building a better working world. Our purpose affects every area of how we do business – from how we engage our own people to how we think about the global possibilities.
1. The Energy Project, What Is Your Quality of Life at Work, 2013
2. Edelman, The goodpurpose study, 2013
3. Raj Sisodia, Firms of Endearment, 2007
Digital enterprise strategy
The Digital Enterprise strategically exploits social media, mobile technologies, advanced analytics, cloud computing and other emerging technologies.
At EY, we combine our deep commercial experience with the digital experience that comes from 50 years of working with the world's disruptors. We can help you:
- Take a business approach to your digital challenges and opportunities
- Develop a sector-led, enterprise-wide strategy to drive transformation
- Leverage our deep industry experience of innovation, analytics, risk and cybersecurity, customer experience, strategy, operations, technology, finance and tax
Client case study
- Global Life Sciences Player
EY identified attractive market options for 3D printing and designed business model alternatives to explore this disruptive technology
Rapid profit transformation
An EY innovation in this area is our Rapid Profit Transformation (RPT), designed to provide very rapid improvement to profitability over a one- to six-month period. This RPT enables companies to get a quick start on the path to profit transformation, reset the culture and direction to focus on profit improvement, and achieve fast returns that can be used to fund longer-term investments in profit improvement.
EY works with clients to dramatically improve profitability, including:
- Operating model redesign
- Indirect and Direct cost pool restructuring
- Commercial restructuring, focusing on price, promotion and trade terms optimisation
- Investment programme rationalisation
- Business portfolio
- Benefit realisation methods
Client case studies
- National Insurance Provider
EY designed a new operation model which included improving efficiencies and identifying regional-scale synergies to support their 3-year strategic transformation
- Local Financial Institution
EY helped transform the business and execute the bank's strategy with a wide variety of services ranging from Target Operating Model Design to IT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture
- Kindred Healthcare
See Ben Breier, Kindred Healthcare's President and Chief Operating Officer, discuss his experience and the impact of working with EY on enterprise cost reduction.
Who we are
We are a diverse team of consultants and industry experts with a global mindset and a collaborative culture.
We deliver new perspectives and approaches blending business strategy with creative thinking.
We work hard to understand our clients' issues and are driven to ask better questions in the pursuit of making their businesses work better.
- What will the future of retail look like when 3D printers become home appliances?
- What will be the role of the physician when patients can self-diagnose?
- Will auto insurance be needed in a world of self-driving cars?