Our Tax practice is one of the largest in Israel and comprises of 22 partners and approximately 240 employees. Our size allows us to specialize in specific fields and to provide comprehensive services that combine the abilities, knowledge and experiences of our teams.
Our services are adapted to meet the requirements of our clients during all stages of the tax life cycle — planning, tax accounting, submission of reports and liaison with tax authorities.
We provide a variety of customized tax consulting services for both individual and corporate clients. Our business tax services include:
- Tax planning
- Merger, split and restructuring transactions
- Advance arrangements with tax authorities (pre-ruling)
- Utilization of tax assets
- Government incentives (approved / beneficiary / preferred enterprise)
- Domestic and foreign grants
- Effective utilization of tax assets
- Preparation and submission of tax returns
- Ongoing consulting
- Consulting on various indirect tax issues, such as VAT, customs and purchase tax
- Representation in tax assessment proceedings
- Formation of tax arrangements
- Representation opposite VAT authorities in formulating pre-rulings
- Preparing professional papers of position
- Advice on foreign indirect tax
- Handling the tax refund process
- Transaction planning while utilizing inherent tax benefits
Real estate taxation
- Consulting and accompaniment at every stage of real estate transactions, including structure consulting, professional reviews, accompaniment of sales agreements, reporting and representation opposite tax authorities, tax calculations, and preparation of tax estimates in real estate transactions
- Urban development transactions (urban renewal and Tama 38), dismantling of real-estate corporations which own, among others, real-estate assets and shares
- Private individual real-estate investments, considerations for purchasing apartments and inheritance distribution
The practice addresses and advises on transactions in accordance with the global EY methodology.
For buyers, we provide due diligence services, appropriate planning for transactions, financing structures and post-merger integration.
For sellers, we assist in preparing for due diligence and effective structuring.
We offer a wide variety of international tax consulting services for leading companies in Israel and also for multinational companies investing in Israel.
Focusing on international tax consulting, we offer innovative, sophisticated services, as well as unique approaches to many international tax matters, including transactions, inter-company pricing, supply chains, structuring and funding, managing global tax risks and meeting cross-border reporting obligations.
Our teams assist with global operational changes and transactions, capitalization and repatriation issues, transfer pricing and company’s supply chains. The US firm maintains an Israeli Tax Desk in New York and EY Israel maintains a US Tax Desk in Israel.
Our consulting is based on our understanding of international legislation, regulations and guidelines in the transfer pricing sector — among others, US transfer pricing legislation, OECD guidelines and transfer pricing regulations in Israel. We provide a global viewpoint derived from our extensive experience in transfer pricing and effective supply chain management.
US Tax Desk
The US Tax Desk of EY Israel offers a wide array of tax services in respect of international tax planning and accompaniment of transactions in the US, including due diligence and transaction planning, financing structure and post-merger integration). It also offers effective planning of investments in the US, including advice on sales tax, national and federal tax planning, preparation of US tax returns and tax provision.
All our desk personnel have backgrounds in US tax legislation from US universities, and most have worked at leading US law firms and accounting firms.
Our Global Mobility practice assists companies and individuals with relocation scenarios for personnel from Israel seconded abroad and for personnel arriving in Israel, including advice on how to implement them.
The practice identifies the requirements for the in transfer of personnel, tax exposure for the company and the employee, and assists with personnel transfers.
We also assist with the submission of Israeli tax returns and representation of the company and the employee opposite the income tax and national insurance authorities. The practice provides outsourcing coordination for global tax services (as well as additional services, such as visas, human resources and employment legislations. It can asssit with transfers of personnel between any two countries, not only to or from Israel. We also provide tax return services for individuals.
Organizational consulting and HR empowerment
Our team provides a variety of organizational consulting services, including diagnosis and organizational development, transformation processes, training and managerial development, and workshops and personal consulting for managers.
In addition, we can guide companies through their merger process during both the due diligence and post-merger integration stages. We can also help implement performance measurement processes, measurement and compensation, CompBen services and the development of HR teams, and we assist with the human dimension of both individual and organizational mobility processes.