EY’s Manufacturing Energy Management Solution (MEMS™) is a turnkey approach that collects and tracks energy and water usage – right down to the machine or production unit level. It combines this with the relevant production information to provide organizations powerful data visualization and analytics to gain the knowledge and insight necessary to:
- Reduce plant utility costs
- Improve efficiency
- Drive innovation
- Shrink carbon footprint
- Develop an energy and water-aware culture
Traditional energy and water management processes are no longer sustainable
How EY can accelerate your progress in energy management?
MEMS™ is a pre-packaged configurable and rapidly deployable application, primarily built on GE Digital technology and uses an industrial-level energy analytics engine that provides tools, reports and a near real-time operational view of the plant performance. MEMS™ does this by leveraging field device communications, data collection infrastructure, and a relational database that stores and pre-aggregates real-time and historical data to drive reporting efficiency.
MEMS™ supports improvements in energy and water consumption, directly impacting a plant’s bottom line. It offers you the visibility and analytics you need to enhance your use of utilities and manage energy and water like any other process input.
Utilizing MEMS™ can lead to operational costs reducing by 5%-15% in the first year, and 5% each year thereafter.
EY will assess your current digital maturity in energy management and help you move to the next level, with support at every step of the way. This includes assisting with the culture and process changes required to embed energy management into business as usual.
Consulting — we can:
- Review and analyze site infrastructure and metering points
- Design energy cost center structure and meter maps
- Apply industry-leading practices in system architecture
- Recommend business, process, technology and people changes to meet the minimum maturity level to implement MEMS™
Execution — we can:
- Provide infrastructure specifications and architectural components
- Implement MEMS™ as a turnkey project
- Configure, commission and validate the system
- Train site stakeholders in how to use MEMS™ to perform targeting and energy analytics
Plant support — we can:
- Provide post execution support
- If needed, embed resources to support ongoing energy activities
- If needed, remotely run MEMS™ on plant and suggest energy/utility process enhancements to the plant operations and maintenance team