Tax & Law Services
- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- People Advisory Services
- Private Client Services
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy and Controversy
- Transaction Tax
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
- VAT, GST and Other Sales Taxes
Corporate tax advisory services
Doing business in Kazakhstan is always associated with a number of tax issues:
- Are taxes paid in full?
- Are all requirements of tax legislation complied with?
- Are all tax risks detected?
- Is the company ready for an upcoming tax audit?
Kazakhstan tax legislation contains a number of provisions whose correct interpretation affects the amount of tax liabilities and the outcome of a tax audit or legal proceedings between taxpayers and tax authorities.
Additional tax liabilities and administrative penalties accrued as a result of tax audits lead to an outflow of the taxpayer’s cash. In addition, in certain cases provision is made for the criminal liability of company officials for violation of tax laws. In order to prevent such risks, companies need to identify in advance the issues of concern and take the necessary actions to eliminate them.
Ignoring the tax consequences at the planning stages, signing contracts, developing internal policies and procedures, usually leads to tax risks and additional charges during tax audits.
Key areas of cooperation:
A team of EY tax experts daily helps their clients to identify and minimize tax risks in advance and provides advisory support in a number of different areas, including, among others:
- Tax review is a diagnostic assessment of activities for existing or potential tax risks
- Advisory services and recommendations for minimization of tax risks and avoidance of unreasonable tax costs
- Assistance in developing technical positions on tax issues in order to protect clients in the event of potential disputes with tax authorities
- Assistance in ensuring client protection on tax issues when preparing contracts with suppliers, buyers, related parties, etc., as well as when preparing primary documentation, tax accounting policies and other internal documentation
- Provision of an expert opinion on tax controversy and dispute
- Advisory services on any corporate tax issues
In cooperation with experts in corporate law, accounting, financial reporting and business process optimization, EY tax team develops and tests various recommendations for managing tax risks that take into account the specific business of each individual client, its industry, legal and regulatory features.
EY tax team comprises 75 experts in three cities of Kazakhstan (Almaty, Astana and Atyrau). The team consists of the tax experts having many years’ tax experience as well as various qualifications, including:
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).
EY tax experts actively cooperate with various associations including:
- the European Business Association of Kazakhstan
- American Chamber of Commerce in Kazakhstan
- National Chamber of Entrepreneurs
- Association of Taxpayers of Kazakhstan
- the Council of Foreign Investors under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
etc. that enables to enhance the tax legislation in Kazakhstan.
Other EY services in Tax and Legal section:
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Corporate tax, indirect tax, personal taxes, transfer pricing and more for over 150 countries.