Increasing technology adoption and fiscal pressures are driving digital transformation in governments. Internet and smartphone penetration continues to grow at unprecedented rates – it is estimated that by 2020, there will be 4.2b internet users and 5.7b unique mobile subscribers worldwide. Singapore is at the forefront of technology adoption, and ranks at the top in the World Economic Forum’s Networked Readiness Index in 2016.
This presents an opportunity for governments to pursue an e-agenda to increase efficiencies, cut costs and improve the quality of public services. It is also changing how governments and citizens communicate and engage with one another.
A digital government can deliver better public services to citizens and businesses
Digital innovation enables governments to offer more efficient, connected and transparent services in many ways:
- Improved ability to manage big data, generating deeper and more relevant insights to understand citizen needs and shape public policy
- Richer and more diverse networks across the public sector by enabling sharing, collaboration and co-creation
- Increased flexibility and agility in empowering citizens through personalization, virtualization, automation and self-service
- Enhanced citizen engagement and greater connectivity through mobile and social networks, sensors and connected devices
Providing end-to-end services for digital government transformation
We provide end-to-end services to help governments in their digital change and transformation. We help to develop effective strategies, understand the target audiences and their expectations, manage change and execute information technology initiatives.
- 1. Develop digital enterprise strategy and building a digital ecosystem
We analyze the key components of the digital ecosystem within the government and public sector, carefully considering the varying maturities of social, mobile, web and cloud environments. With consensus from the stakeholders, we develop a digital vision and road map to achieve the shared objectives, covering application, commercial and IT procurement strategy, and data and architecture.
We also help to manage and improve the life cycle of digital assets, as well as monitor and track the digital footprint so that it is cost-effective, delivers a richer experience and fully complies with governments’ privacy norms.
- 2. Support government agencies in digital transactions
We advise on acquiring or divesting digital assets by providing support throughout the transaction life cycle, including valuation support, differing transaction structures, analysis of digital assets and post-deal integration.
- 3. Improve citizen experience and deploy digital technologies
We analyze issues through big data and analytics, so as to design and provide integrated and citizen-centric experiences that span both the physical and digital environments, across multiple agencies. We map experience to reflect the voice of the citizens and capture citizen feedback for future interactions.
- 4. Manage digital risk and tackle cyber threats
We streamline approval processes and assess digital initiatives to identify and help to manage enterprise-wide risks. We also help agencies to protect against a wide range of cyber risks, threats and vulnerabilities caused by the actions of careless or unaware users, criminal syndicates or lone-wolf attackers.
- 5. Address regulatory concerns in accounting, tax and law
In helping governments to be more digital, we are mindful to identify, design and develop processes and systems across the accounting life cycle that support the digitization of the accounting function.
We also help to assess and manage the tax implications of new digital models and innovation, unlock tax incentives available across the globe, and navigate data privacy, intellectual property and e-commerce trading laws, among others.