Recent Malaysia news releases issued by EY.
- Song Hoi-see (宋海西) of Plaza Premium Lounge Management Ltd named EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2018 Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, 6 December 2018
Song Hoi-see (宋海西), Founder & Chief Executive Officer of Plaza Premium Lounge Management Ltd has been named the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year (EOY) 2018 Malaysia at a gala event officiated by the Minister of Entrepreneur Development, YB Datuk Seri Mohd Redzuan Md Yusof.
- Malaysia representative, Carlos Wong, named first runner-up in EY Young Tax Professional of the Year 2018 international final
Kuala Lumpur, 30 November 2018
Malaysia representative, Carlos Wong Fook Chin, was named first runner-up at this year’s EY Young Tax Professional of the Year (YTPY) international final held in Amsterdam recently.
- EY opens new Johor office at Medini, Iskandar Puteri
Kuala Lumpur, 13 November 2018
EY, one of Malaysia’s largest professional services organizations, opened its new Johor office in Medini City, the Central Business District of Iskandar Puteri today. The opening was officiated by YB Jimmy Puah, Chairman, International Trade, Investment and Utilities Committee of Johor.
- Budget 2019 Malaysia comments
Kuala Lumpur, 2 November 2018
We believe that the proposed measures in the Budget are commendable, particularly the focus on encouraging the private sector to spur growth.
- Expectations for Budget 2019
Kuala Lumpur, 31 October 2018
There is much anticipation about the upcoming Budget announcement, especially given that this is the maiden budget for the Pakatan Harapan government.
- EY announces Top Nominees for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2018 Malaysia awards
Kuala Lumpur, 15 October 2018
EY has announced the Top Nominees for this year’s EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ (EOY) Malaysia Awards at a cocktail ceremony co-hosted with one of the world’s leading financial services provider, Credit Suisse AG.
- Carlos Wong of Tunku Abdul Rahman (TAR) University College to represent Malaysia at the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year 2018 international final
Kuala Lumpur, 4 October 2018
Carlos Wong Fook Chin of Tunku Abdul Rahman (TAR) University College was announced as the winner of the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year (YTPY) 2018 Malaysia at a function officiated by YBhg Dato’ Sri Sabin bin Samitah, Chief Executive Officer/ Director General, Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (LHDNM).
- EY boosts identity and access management capabilities through acquisition of Xynapse Sdn Bhd and Xynapse Asia Sdn Bhd
Kuala Lumpur, 19 September 2018
EY announces the acquisition of Xynapse Sdn. Bhd. and Xynapse Asia Sdn Bhd (collectively, Xynapse), entities based in Malaysia that are in the identity and access management implementation and managed services business.
- EY to spend US$1 billion as part of its innovation drive
Kuala Lumpur, 17 August 2018
Investment to fund new services and solutions across a range of areas including managed services, cloud-based technology as well as audit and tax
- Strong M&A appetite and robust market confidence among SEA corporates as they look homeward for acquisitions
Kuala Lumpur, 20 July 2018
According to the 18th EY Global Capital Confidence Barometer, half of SEA executives indicate that they plan on pursuing deals in the next 12 months, down from 56% six months ago.
- New megatrends will transform the human experience and reshape markets, societies and the global order
Kuala Lumpur, 11 July 2018
EY today revealed several new megatrends in its most recent report, The upside of disruption: megatrends shaping 2018 and beyond.
- Middle-market companies seizing growth by embracing AI, diverse talent pools and sweeping regulation over next 12 months
Kuala Lumpur, 13 June 2018
The annual EY Growth Barometer released today at the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year Forum shows 87% of middle-market companies plan revenue growth of more than 6% this year, significantly outpacing GDP forecasts.
- SMEs in Malaysia to invest more in technology to drive business performance and remain competitive
Kuala Lumpur, 5 June 2018
Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Malaysia plan to invest more in technology in order to succeed under increasingly challenging conditions.
- EY announces blockchain audit technology
Kuala Lumpur, 15 May 2018
EY has unveiled the Blockchain Analyzer which will facilitate EY audit teams review and analysis of transactions on the blockchain.
- EY seeks extraordinary Malaysian entrepreneurs
Kuala Lumpur, 20 April 2018
The prestigious EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Malaysia Awards programme is calling for nominations from Malaysia’s most exceptional and revolutionary entrepreneurs for its 2018 programme.
- EY seeks the next EY Young Tax Professional of the Year Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, 18 April 2018
Ernst & Young Tax Consultants Sdn Bhd (EY), in collaboration with the Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (LHDNM), has launched the sixth edition of the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year (YTPY) Malaysia competition.
- FinTech firms in Southeast Asia and Malaysia show strong growth aspirations amid funding challenges
Kuala Lumpur, 3 April 2018
A majority (87%) of financial technology (FinTech) firms in Southeast Asia and 73% in Malaysia are planning to expand beyond their current markets, according to the Asean FinTech Census 2018 study.
- Risk culture tops priority list for APAC insurance CROs in 2018
Kuala Lumpur, 27 March 2018
EY’s latest APAC Insurance CRO survey has found that less than half of CROs across Asia-Pacific’s insurance sector have developed a risk culture or risk conduct framework in their organizations.
- Divestment appetite in Southeast Asia more than doubles to fund technological investments
Kuala Lumpur, 20 March 2018
Intentions to divest in Southeast Asia are at record levels – driven by ongoing pressure to evolve existing business models amid rapidly advancing technology, according to the EY Global Corporate Divestment Study, an annual survey of 1,000 executives worldwide.
- US and China seen as leaders in AI innovation, but emerging players gaining ground according to EY poll
Kuala Lumpur, 14 March 2018
Despite its strong history of innovation, the US is facing competition from emerging players across the globe.
- Banks shift priorities toward digitalization and innovation for future growth
Kuala Lumpur, 5 February 2018
More than half of Asia-Pacific banks, including those in Malaysia, expect to become digitally mature or digital leaders by 2020.
- Big risks in ICO market: flawed token valuations, unclear regulations, heightened hacker attention and congested networks
Kuala Lumpur, 24 January 2018
A lack of fundamental valuation and the due diligence process by potential investors is leading to extreme volatility of the initial coin offering (ICO) market, according to new research published by EY.
- Improved financial inclusion could boost bank revenues by US$88bn across Asia-Pacific
Kuala Lumpur, 16 January 2018
Improved financial Banks across Asia-Pacific are yet to maximize the growth opportunities of financial inclusion, with the potential to boost bank revenues in emerging markets across the region by US$88bn by 2020.
- EY awards US$1m to four winners of the global Better begins with you program
Kuala Lumpur, 12 January 2018
EY has awarded US$1m to the 2017 winners of the peer-based global recognition program, Better begins with you.