EY partners with CIPFA and IASeminars to deliver courses on International Public Sector Accounting Standards
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy (CIPFA), EY and IASeminars have announced they will jointly offer a comprehensive range of training courses on International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) in selected countries around the world.
The recent sovereign debt crisis has reinforced the importance of credible and transparent reporting of government financial data. IPSAS enhance the quality of financial reporting and are being adopted around the world by an increasing number of governments, public authorities and international organisations, including the United Nations. Additionally, the European Union is considering the development of European Public Sector Accounting Standards (EPSAS) based on similar principles to IPSAS.
Speaking about the launch of these joint IPSAS training courses, Ian Carruthers, CIPFA’s Policy and Technical Director and a member of the IPSAS Board, comments: “CIPFA is delighted to be working with EY and IASeminars on this important project. There is a growing international demand for high-quality IPSAS training, and this new collaboration will help provide the skills needed to operate within the increasingly demanding world of international public finance”.
Thomas Müller-Marqués Berger, Global Leader International Public Sector Accounting at EY and also a member of the IPSAS Board notes: “As one of the global industry leaders in transparency, EY is pleased to be cooperating with two of the world’s leading IPSAS training providers. We also see this joint project as the logical next step in the already successful cooperation between CIPFA and EY, and we look forward to contributing our global knowledge and experience gained from large-scale IPSAS conversion projects.”
Ayodeji Ogunyemi, EY Nigeria PFM Advisory Director, further notes the opportunity that exists for EY, CIPFA and IASeminars to provide a one-stop support to organizations looking to implement IPSAS, with EY Nigeria positioned to provide hands-on implementation services to complement the training programme.
EY, CIPFA and IASeminars will be holding an official launch event in Abuja, Nigeria on 11 June, hosted by the British High Commission. At this important event, a selected group of invitees plus members of the Press will hear from EY’s Thomas Müller-Marqués Berger about the relevance and importance of this international IPSAS training initiative, and how it could benefit the government and citizens of Nigeria. There will also be opening remarks from our hosts at the British High Commission, and IASeminars CEO Marc Gardiner will be in attendance.
Next IPSAS course in Nigeria
EY, with the support of the Office of the Accountant General for the Federation, invites stakeholders including Federal, States, Parastatals, Agencies etc involved in the implementation of International Public Sector Accounting Standard (IPSAS) to an IPSAS Implementation Workshop.
- IPSAS Project Planning and Implementation
- Navigating the rules for first time adoption
- Selecting the right IT solutions
- Ensuring effective training and skills transfer
- Stakeholder management
- Key risks to success and likely mitigations
- Ensuring benefits realization
- Ensuring coverage of MTEF/MTSS accounting and financial reporting
Details of event:
- Date: 11 – 12 June 2014
- Venue: Sheraton Hotel & Towers Abuja, 1 Ladi Kwali Street, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
- Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Registration from 8:00am)
Opening remarks by Mr JO Otunla FCA, Accountant General for the Federation
EY Facilitators: Thomas Müller-Marqués Berger, Global Leader International Public Sector Accounting I Ayodeji Ogunyemi, FCCA Director, Advisory Services – IPSAS Implementation I George Higgins, Director Assurance Services – IPSAS Implementation
And with facilitators from CIPFA and SAP
- To register: Email Chioma Chukwujekwu at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 08114683630
- Course fee: N100,000 per person (inclusive of lunch, tea and coffee)
Account name: Ernst & Young
Bank: First Bank of Nigeria
Account number: 2007154755
Sort code: 011152316
Please email or send an SMS to the email/telephone number above once you have made payment. Payments also accepted on arrival (cash/cheque/bankers draft). Discounts available for groups of 4 and above. Booking essential to secure your seat.
Cooperation between CIPFA and EY
The cooperation between CIPFA - the leading professional body for public financial management, IASeminars - a worldwide financial training business, and EY - a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, will provide a unique global offering of technical training courses on International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS). This will include courses planned in 2014 for such cities as Geneva, Hong Kong, London, Lagos and Cape Town. Detailed teaching and materials on a broad and growing range of IPSAS topics will be delivered by respected and experienced professionals, representing the most comprehensive and topical IPSAS training currently available in the market.
- Course 3000: IPSAS (Accruals Basis) Immersion Workshop (8 days), London, 19.08.2014 – 29.08.2014
- Course 3010: IPSAS Fundamentals - Accruals Basis (3 days), Geneva, 16.06.2014 – 18.06.2014; Lagos, 15.09.2014 – 17.09.2014; Hong-Kong, 20.10.2014 – 22.10.2014
- Course 3010e: IPSAS Fundamentals - Accruals Basis (30 days, online), e-learning course, 09.09.2014 – 08.10.2014
- Course 3050: IPSAS Basics - Cash Basis (2 days), currently no dates scheduled
- Course 3081: IPSAS Technical Update (1 day), Geneva, 27.06.2014; Hong-Kong, 24.10.2014
- Course 3082: IPSAS - Hot Topics and Technical Update (2 days), currently no dates scheduled
- Course 3100: IFRS versus IPSAS (2 days), Geneva, 19.06.2014 – 20.06.2014
- Course 3201: IPSAS Financial Instruments (2 days), Geneva, 23.06.2014 – 24.06.2014
- Course 3220: IPSAS - For Revenues and Expenses (1 day), Geneva, 25.06.2014
- Course 3285: IPSAS - For Employee Benefits and Provisions (1 day), Geneva, 25.06.2014
- Course 3290: IPSAS - For Non-Financial Assets (2 days), Geneva, 26.06.2014 – 27.06.2014
- Course 3401: IPSAS Financial Statements - Disclosures and Management Discussion (2 days), Geneva, 25.06.2014 – 26.06.2014
- Course 3405: IPSAS for managers, donors and stakeholders (1 day), Geneva, 20.06.2014
- Course 3501: IPSAS - First Time Adoption (1 day), Geneva, 20.06.2014; Lagos, 18.09.2014 and Hong-Kong
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy (CIPFA) is a global professional accountancy body exclusively dedicated to public finance. CIPFA is represented on the IPSAS Board and uses its extensive experience to provide support to organisations moving to IPSAS. CIPFA also offers its own Certificate in International Public Sector Accounting Standards (Cert IPSAS).