Intellectual property & ICT
An integrated approach of IP, IT and Data Protection
Companies are increasingly faced with (attempts at) infringing on their intellectual property rights. Theft of ideas and know-how is not a trivial matter and can have very serious consequences for companies.
We develop strategies to protect the intangible assets of our clients tailored to their needs. In addition, we support companies in the professional handling of data protection issues.
Our expertise in the fields of IP, IT and Data Protection is both broad and detailed. We approach issues not only from the formal legal side, finding out what has been determined in legislation and regulations.
We use the legal framework as one of the starting points and also take into account technical and organizational aspects. Our ultimate goal is to be able to offer you an approach that will enable you to realize your company objectives and ambitions and to implement the statutory and regulatory requirements in workable structures: optimization.
When handling IP rights and in our IP Asset Management services we also take into account the financial aspects. We do this by working in multidisciplinary teams with the tax experts of EY.
For questions concerning information protection, we often engage with the IT and IT Risk Advisory experts of EY. Thus we offer our clients truly added value, by addressing complex issues from various angles we can help them seize opportunities and timely identify the risks.
- Protection of trademarks and designs all over the world by way of our own trademark and design practice.
- Advice on national and European IT procurement.
- Webshop compliance.
- Setting up Data Protection structures such as Binding Corporate Rules.
- Implementing Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Legal audits on privacy/information protection, especially with regard to care and cure, financial institutions, education and government bodies.
- IP due diligence.
- Drawing up IP and know how policies.
- Open Data and Open Source software.
- Cloud sourcing.
- Plant breeders’ rights.