Financial Accounting Advisory Services
Navigating a changing accounting landscape
In the current economic conditions shareholders, regulators and professional bodies are taking greater interest in how companies derive, report, disclose and communicate about their financial position. This environment is driving extensive change across accounting standards.
Companies seeking to optimise their businesses face complexity in both NZ IFRS / PBE Standards and US GAAP accounting for mergers, acquisitions, IPOs and carve-outs. Accounting convergence also changes the requirements for reporting on financial instruments, fair value accounting, impairments and revenue recognition.
The current environment requires businesses to be able to address the concerns of their stakeholders and be prepared to change processes in order to adapt accounting and finance practices. This will allow them to ensure they are positioned to respond to market demands both now and in the future.
How can we help?
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team leverages its extensive expertise to bring together global, multi-disciplinary teams. We offer deep sector knowledge to help you navigate the complex finance issues facing your business.
Our team can help you to:
- Achieve best-in-class accounting and reporting
Our FAAS professionals advise leading organisations on technical accounting and financial reporting issues, including:
- Complex issues arising from proposed new accounting guidance, including impacts on existing systems and processes
- Enterprise-wide accounting policy frameworks and documentation
- Streamlining financial processes and controls, including developing and/or integrating processes as part of finance transformations and ERP implementations
- Accelerating GAAP, NZ IFRS, and PBE Standards conversions
- Remediation of control accounts and material weaknesses
- Accounting for financial derivatives and commodities contracts
- Rationalising statutory reporting processes
- Developing tools for implementing new accounting standards and facilitating decision-making
- Improve your accounting through IT and process enhancement
Companies often struggle with effective management oversight, cost pressures and growing regulatory requirements. Many have difficulty monitoring all their methods and controls. Our support includes:
- Assessing, transform and reorganise your finance and control functions
- Aligning accounting processes following new acquisitions
- Improving the financial statement close process
- Evaluating and redesign internal controls
- Providing accounting support on consolidations
- Assisting with the accounting for tax-reporting
- Meet regulatory, governance and financing-related needs
The finance function often plays an extended role in a business, from managing volatility in commodity trading to overseeing foreign exchange exposure. Our FAAS team will works with you on:
- Addressing new regulatory requirements
- Implementing a corporate treasury function
- Accounting for financial derivatives and commodities
- Benchmarking your corporate governance framework and audit committee oversight
- Navigating your IPO or refinancing journey
- Accounting for high-value mergers or acquisitions, and prospective carve-outs
- Responding to corporate structuring
- Structuring complex domestic or international deals, and the related key accounting and financial reporting issues
- Address other audit, attest and accounting impacts
Management teams often receive recommendations on process and control improvements, and require external assistance to supplement a lack of resources or technical expertise. Our FAAS professionals can help you to:
- Ensure financial and accounting processes are aligned with regulatory and governance requirements with our audit remediation services
- Train your teams by providing training services for business professionals
- Provide you with data analysis and data intelligence support
Please see our Financial Reporting in New Zealand site for extensive NZ IFRS / PBE Standards resources, including disclosure checklists and illustrative financial statements.
+64 9 348 8175
+64 4 817 0629
+64 9 348 8128
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.