- The backdrop of BRI is founded upon policy coordination, unimpeded trade, facilities connectivity, financial integration and people-to-people bond.
- Rather than pivoting to any one single power, it is in the interests of businesses to hold a long-term view, cultivating good relations with all powers and collaborating across different platforms to capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- BRI will help the bloc achieve its vision of a seamlessly connected ASEAN, as laid out in the ASEAN Master Plan for Connectivity 2025 (AMPC).
- Aside from intermediating capital, commercial banks play an important role in helping its clients and the countries realize the potential of BRI.
- Governments in ASEAN should also look beyond the horizon as continued investments will bring in new opportunities beyond infrastructure development.
The quotes and views of third parties above are not necessarily the views of the global EY organization or its member firms. Moreover, they should be seen in the context of the time they were made.