Recent global and Singapore news releases issued by EY.
- EY Global Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger to step down effective July 1, 2019
4 December 2018
During Weinberger's tenure as Global Chairman and CEO, EY has undergone tremendous change, and is helping more clients tackle their toughest challenges than ever before.
- Increased competition fuels resilient Southeast Asia (SEA) M&A appetite despite geopolitical and global trade challenges
4 December 2018
The appetite for M&A in Southeast Asia remains resilient amid rising competition for assets and geopolitical disruption, according to the 19th EY Global Capital Confidence Barometer.
- EY acquires Adelphi Digital, an award-winning digital consultancy
16 November 2018
EY has further strengthened its capability and resources in digital after acquiring Adelphi Digital Consulting Group, an award-winning digital consultancy in Australia and Singapore.
- EY ranked #1 in robotic process automation services by HFS Research
15 November 2018
The ranking is based on HFS’ comprehensive assessment and rating of RPA services capabilities of 29 vendors.
- Greater collaboration between regulators and policymakers globally to develop and promote FinTech ecosystem
13 November 2018
Together with FinTech industry associations, regulators are entering into partnerships globally to share leading practices, experiences and frameworks, and help FinTech firms export their services and expand in one another's markets.
- Leading renewable energy markets cautious amid geopolitical uncertainty and technology disruption
8 November 2018
The latest EY Renewable energy country attractiveness index (RECAI) sees little movement among the top 10 markets, as governments and industry players continue to bide their time amid ongoing geopolitical instability.
- Robust private equity and venture capital activity across Southeast Asia in 2Q18
30 October 2018
Private equity and venture capital investment activity in Southeast Asia has been at a record high this year, having witnessed the completion of its largest deal ever at the beginning of the year.
- Announcing the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2018 Singapore
26 October 2018
Mr. Jeffrey Tiong, CEO, PatSnap, will represent Singapore at the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year (WEOY) in Monte Carlo, Monaco in 2019.
- ICO portfolio is down by 66% in the first half of 2018, according to EY study
24 October 2018
In the first half of 2018, 86% of the leading initial coin offerings (ICOs) that listed on a cryptocurrency exchange in 2017 are below their initial listing price.
- EY expands support to start-ups and growth enterprises in Southeast Asia by enabling access to capital through investor matching
22 October 2018
EY returns to the third edition of the Singapore FinTech Festival to power Meet ASEAN’s Talents and Champions (MATCH), a new component of the annual festival by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- EY wavespace™ in Singapore to help companies innovate and transform their businesses for growth opportunities in Asia-Pacific
9 October 2018
EY announces the expansion of its EY wavespace™ network of global growth and innovation centers, with a new center in Singapore that will help companies innovate and transform their businesses for growth opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region.
- EY recognized as winner for the 2018 Microsoft Singapore Artificial Intelligence and Analytics Partner of the Year Award
1 October 2018
The organization was honored among a community of top Microsoft partners for demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- Unicorns provide confidence as global IPO slowdown continues
27 September 2018
Ongoing geopolitical uncertainties and trade issues continue to dampen investor enthusiasm, resulting in the number of IPOs falling to 1,000 globally YTD 2018 according to Global IPO trends: Q3 2018 report.
- EY rallies over 1,000 people to walk for rice for the needy
25 September 2018
In conjunction with International Accountants Day, over 1,000 Partners and professionals of EY member firm in Singapore and their families and clients walked over 5,480 km to raise over 54,800 bowls of rice to benefit low-income families.
- EY boosts identity and access management capabilities through acquisition of Xynapse Sdn Bhd and Xynapse Asia Sdn Bhd
19 September 2018
EY announces the acquisition of Xynapse Sdn. Bhd. and Xynapse Asia Sdn Bhd (collectively, Xynapse), entities based in Malaysia that are in the identity and access management implementation and managed services business.
- Oil and gas transformation and constrained growth spurs global tax changes to boost investment
12 September 2018
Oil-producing countries are adjusting tax regimes to attract investment and develop assets, as companies look to adapt to a new paradigm characterized by industry transformation and single-digit growth in production.
- Renewables help drive power and utilities M&A value to historic high
11 September 2018
Global power and utilities deal value reached an all-time high of US$180b during 1H18, despite a 14% decline quarter-on-quarter to US$83b in Q2.
- Five leading entrepreneurs named winners of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2018 Singapore awards
10 September 2018
EY announced the five recipients of its 17th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year (EOY) 2018 Singapore awards.
- EY to spend US$1 billion as part of its innovation drive
13 August 2018
EY today announces plans to invest US$1 billion in new technology solutions, client services, innovation and the EY ecosystem over the next two financial years, commencing from July. This move is part of an ongoing strategy to provide clients and people with innovative offerings using the latest disruptive technologies.
- Digital transformation underway among Asia’s financial institutions; legacy infrastructure is cited as major barrier to successful implementation
2 August 2018
Financial institutions in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong are well underway in their journey toward digitalization as nearly 9 in 10 of those surveyed have adopted some form of digital initiatives.
- Growth ambitions of Singapore middle-market companies outpacing global peers
25 July 2018
39% of Singapore companies, are targeting double-digit growth, outpacing the global average growth rate of 6%, according to the findings of the EY Growth Barometer.
- EY strengthens legal capabilities with new addition in Singapore
24 July 2018
Evelyn Ang, previously a Senior Partner at Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP, has set up Atlas Asia Law Corporation, which will join the global EY network as an independent member firm.
- EY and Microsoft alliance focuses on fighting financial crime
18 July 2018
EY announced a new financial crime compliance platform leveraging Microsoft technology, which offers solutions to target financial crime operations, including transaction monitoring, list screening and know your customer (KYC).
- EY announces 747 new partner promotions worldwide
17 July 2018
This represents the largest increase in partner promotions since 2015, and a 12% increase on 2017.
- Strong start for private equity deals across Southeast Asia in 1Q18
9 July 2018
Private equity and venture capital investment value increased manifold in 1Q18. The quarter saw 19 deals valued at US$21.9b completed, compared to 26 deals worth a far-lower US$687m in 1Q17.
- Global IPO activity slows, despite robust capital raises in Q2 2018
4 July 2018
Investor appetite remains high in Asia-Pacific and Asean, despite drop in IPO activity.
- Singapore companies are “cleaning house” before embarking on more targeted and larger deals
2 July 2018
As Singapore companies seek to continue to be competitive in the future, a strong 83% see portfolio transformation as a top priority in their boardroom thinking.
- EY and Microsoft launch blockchain solution for content rights and royalties management for media and entertainment industry
20 June 2018
EY and Microsoft launched a blockchain solution that aims to streamline the costly and time-consuming processes in entertainment rights and royalties, and is first being deployed within gaming industry.
- Oil and gas deal appetite soars as portfolio optimization spurs M&A
20 June 2018
With record dealmaking in the first quarter of 2018, 90% of oil and gas executives now expect the global mergers and acquisitions market to improve in the next 12 months, up from 47% in April 2017.
- More than US$11b in fines fails to deter global corruption, EY survey finds
7 May 2018
The scale of bribery and corruption has shown no improvement globally since 2012, despite the unprecedented level of enforcement activity and introduction of new corporate criminal liability laws in that time.
- US overtakes India on Renewable energy country attractiveness index despite rising protectionism
3 May 2018
China tops the latest Renewable energy country attractiveness index for the third time consecutively, with the US and Germany overtaking India, which falls from second to fourth position.
- Global IPO outlook remains robust after promising Q1 2018 results
29 March 2018
Despite the drop in IPO activity, Asia-Pacific remained the world’s busiest region for new listings in Q1 2018, according to the Global IPO trends: Q1 2018 report.
- Divestment appetite in Southeast Asia more than doubles to fund technological investments
19 March 2018
Intentions to divest in Southeast Asia are at record levels, driven by ongoing pressure to evolve existing business models amid rapidly advancing technology.
- FinTech firms in Southeast Asia show strong growth aspirations amid funding challenges
14 March 2018
A strong 87% of financial technology (FinTech) firms in Southeast Asia are planning to expand their footprint beyond their current markets, according to the Asean FinTech Census 2018 study by EY.
- EY selects Jocelyn Chng of JR Group Holdings to participate in its 2018 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ Asia-Pacific program
8 March 2018
Coinciding with International Women’s Day, EY announces its 2018 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ (EWW) Asia-Pacific and Japan classes.
- Three Singapore-based innovative and technology-focused high-growth start-ups named to the 2018 EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs program
1 March 2018
The EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs (AE) program identifies and helps start-ups from cutting-edge fields to scale their business globally.
- EY opens nominations for its 17th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2018 awards in Singapore
26 February 2018
From now till 20 April 2018, members of the public can nominate outstanding entrepreneurs for the 17th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ (EOY) awards in Singapore.
- EY and BlackLine form strategic alliance to offer finance process automation to organizations worldwide
22 February 2018
Ernst & Young LLP (EY) and BlackLine, Inc. (Nasdaq: BL) have today announced a new strategic alliance that will expand EY process automation capabilities and finance transformation services offered to clients to improve finance and accounting operations.
- EY’s reactions to Singapore Budget 2018
19 February 2018
EY member firms today released its reactions to the Singapore Budget 2018.
- ASEAN small and medium enterprises to invest more in technology to boost business performance
12 February 2018
The latest study found that three in five of ASEAN's SMEs will focus their investments on technology over other fixed assets in 2018 to help drive business performance.
- Singapore and global companies unprepared for GDPR compliance, EY survey finds
12 February 2018
Intensifying regulatory pressures are top of mind for business leaders, with 70% of Singapore respondents expressing increasing concern about data protection and data privacy compliance.
- Underinvestment in post-merger integration jeopardizes value from M&A deals
5 February 2018
Companies in Singapore are looking at M&As to secure growth but are underinvesting in merger integration post-deal, according to an EY poll of over 40 corporate executives.
- EY member firm Partners and professionals walked for – and delivered – rice to needy households
31 January 2018
EY member firm Partners and professionals personally delivered the rice raised from their participation in the Fairprice Walk for Rice @ South East program to 200 less privileged households in Bedok.
- Banks shift priorities toward digitalization and innovation for future growth
30 January 2018
Eighty five percent of banks cite implementation of a digital transformation program as a business priority for 2018, according to the EY Global Banking Outlook 2018.
- Improved financial inclusion could boost bank revenues by US$88b across Asia-Pacific
12 January 2018
Financial inclusion could potentially boost bank revenues in emerging markets across Asia-Pacific by US$88b.
- Wish list for Singapore Budget 2018
4 January 2018
EY member firm today released its wish list for Singapore Budget 2018.