Recent global and Singapore news releases issued by EY.
- More than US$11b in fines fails to deter global corruption, EY survey finds
7 May 2018
The scale of bribery and corruption has shown no improvement globally since 2012, despite the unprecedented level of enforcement activity and introduction of new corporate criminal liability laws in that time.
- US overtakes India on Renewable energy country attractiveness index despite rising protectionism
3 May 2018
China tops the latest Renewable energy country attractiveness index for the third time consecutively, with the US and Germany overtaking India, which falls from second to fourth position.
- Global IPO outlook remains robust after promising Q1 2018 results
29 March 2018
Despite the drop in IPO activity, Asia-Pacific remained the world’s busiest region for new listings in Q1 2018, according to the Global IPO trends: Q1 2018 report.
- Divestment appetite in Southeast Asia more than doubles to fund technological investments
19 March 2018
Intentions to divest in Southeast Asia are at record levels, driven by ongoing pressure to evolve existing business models amid rapidly advancing technology.
- FinTech firms in Southeast Asia show strong growth aspirations amid funding challenges
14 March 2018
A strong 87% of financial technology (FinTech) firms in Southeast Asia are planning to expand their footprint beyond their current markets, according to the Asean FinTech Census 2018 study by EY.
- EY selects Jocelyn Chng of JR Group Holdings to participate in its 2018 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ Asia-Pacific program
8 March 2018
Coinciding with International Women’s Day, EY announces its 2018 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ (EWW) Asia-Pacific and Japan classes.
- Three Singapore-based innovative and technology-focused high-growth start-ups named to the 2018 EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs program
1 March 2018
The EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs (AE) program identifies and helps start-ups from cutting-edge fields to scale their business globally.
- EY opens nominations for its 17th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2018 awards in Singapore
26 February 2018
From now till 20 April 2018, members of the public can nominate outstanding entrepreneurs for the 17th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ (EOY) awards in Singapore.
- EY and BlackLine form strategic alliance to offer finance process automation to organizations worldwide
22 February 2018
Ernst & Young LLP (EY) and BlackLine, Inc. (Nasdaq: BL) have today announced a new strategic alliance that will expand EY process automation capabilities and finance transformation services offered to clients to improve finance and accounting operations.
- EY’s reactions to Singapore Budget 2018
19 February 2018
EY member firms today released its reactions to the Singapore Budget 2018.
- ASEAN small and medium enterprises to invest more in technology to boost business performance
12 February 2018
The latest study found that three in five of ASEAN's SMEs will focus their investments on technology over other fixed assets in 2018 to help drive business performance.
- Singapore and global companies unprepared for GDPR compliance, EY survey finds
12 February 2018
Intensifying regulatory pressures are top of mind for business leaders, with 70% of Singapore respondents expressing increasing concern about data protection and data privacy compliance.
- Underinvestment in post-merger integration jeopardizes value from M&A deals
5 February 2018
Companies in Singapore are looking at M&As to secure growth but are underinvesting in merger integration post-deal, according to an EY poll of over 40 corporate executives.
- EY member firm Partners and professionals walked for – and delivered – rice to needy households
31 January 2018
EY member firm Partners and professionals personally delivered the rice raised from their participation in the Fairprice Walk for Rice @ South East program to 200 less privileged households in Bedok.
- Banks shift priorities toward digitalization and innovation for future growth
30 January 2018
Eighty five percent of banks cite implementation of a digital transformation program as a business priority for 2018, according to the EY Global Banking Outlook 2018.
- Improved financial inclusion could boost bank revenues by US$88b across Asia-Pacific
12 January 2018
Financial inclusion could potentially boost bank revenues in emerging markets across Asia-Pacific by US$88b.
- Wish list for Singapore Budget 2018
4 January 2018
EY member firm today released its wish list for Singapore Budget 2018.