Recent global and Singapore news releases issued by EY.
- EY to spend US$1 billion as part of its innovation drive
13 August 2018
EY today announces plans to invest US$1 billion in new technology solutions, client services, innovation and the EY ecosystem over the next two financial years, commencing from July. This move is part of an ongoing strategy to provide clients and people with innovative offerings using the latest disruptive technologies.
- Digital transformation underway among Asia’s financial institutions; legacy infrastructure is cited as major barrier to successful implementation
2 August 2018
Financial institutions in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong are well underway in their journey toward digitalization as nearly 9 in 10 of those surveyed have adopted some form of digital initiatives.
- Growth ambitions of Singapore middle-market companies outpacing global peers
25 July 2018
39% of Singapore companies, are targeting double-digit growth, outpacing the global average growth rate of 6%, according to the findings of the EY Growth Barometer.
- EY strengthens legal capabilities with new addition in Singapore
24 July 2018
Evelyn Ang, previously a Senior Partner at Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP, has set up Atlas Asia Law Corporation, which will join the global EY network as an independent member firm.
- EY and Microsoft alliance focuses on fighting financial crime
18 July 2018
EY announced a new financial crime compliance platform leveraging Microsoft technology, which offers solutions to target financial crime operations, including transaction monitoring, list screening and know your customer (KYC).
- EY announces 747 new partner promotions worldwide
17 July 2018
This represents the largest increase in partner promotions since 2015, and a 12% increase on 2017.
- Strong start for private equity deals across Southeast Asia in 1Q18
9 July 2018
Private equity and venture capital investment value increased manifold in 1Q18. The quarter saw 19 deals valued at US$21.9b completed, compared to 26 deals worth a far-lower US$687m in 1Q17.
- Global IPO activity slows, despite robust capital raises in Q2 2018
4 July 2018
Investor appetite remains high in Asia-Pacific and Asean, despite drop in IPO activity.
- Singapore companies are “cleaning house” before embarking on more targeted and larger deals
2 July 2018
As Singapore companies seek to continue to be competitive in the future, a strong 83% see portfolio transformation as a top priority in their boardroom thinking.
- EY and Microsoft launch blockchain solution for content rights and royalties management for media and entertainment industry
20 June 2018
EY and Microsoft launched a blockchain solution that aims to streamline the costly and time-consuming processes in entertainment rights and royalties, and is first being deployed within gaming industry.
- Oil and gas deal appetite soars as portfolio optimization spurs M&A
20 June 2018
With record dealmaking in the first quarter of 2018, 90% of oil and gas executives now expect the global mergers and acquisitions market to improve in the next 12 months, up from 47% in April 2017.
- More than US$11b in fines fails to deter global corruption, EY survey finds
7 May 2018
The scale of bribery and corruption has shown no improvement globally since 2012, despite the unprecedented level of enforcement activity and introduction of new corporate criminal liability laws in that time.
- US overtakes India on Renewable energy country attractiveness index despite rising protectionism
3 May 2018
China tops the latest Renewable energy country attractiveness index for the third time consecutively, with the US and Germany overtaking India, which falls from second to fourth position.
- Global IPO outlook remains robust after promising Q1 2018 results
29 March 2018
Despite the drop in IPO activity, Asia-Pacific remained the world’s busiest region for new listings in Q1 2018, according to the Global IPO trends: Q1 2018 report.
- Divestment appetite in Southeast Asia more than doubles to fund technological investments
19 March 2018
Intentions to divest in Southeast Asia are at record levels, driven by ongoing pressure to evolve existing business models amid rapidly advancing technology.
- FinTech firms in Southeast Asia show strong growth aspirations amid funding challenges
14 March 2018
A strong 87% of financial technology (FinTech) firms in Southeast Asia are planning to expand their footprint beyond their current markets, according to the Asean FinTech Census 2018 study by EY.
- EY selects Jocelyn Chng of JR Group Holdings to participate in its 2018 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ Asia-Pacific program
8 March 2018
Coinciding with International Women’s Day, EY announces its 2018 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ (EWW) Asia-Pacific and Japan classes.
- Three Singapore-based innovative and technology-focused high-growth start-ups named to the 2018 EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs program
1 March 2018
The EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs (AE) program identifies and helps start-ups from cutting-edge fields to scale their business globally.
- EY opens nominations for its 17th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2018 awards in Singapore
26 February 2018
From now till 20 April 2018, members of the public can nominate outstanding entrepreneurs for the 17th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ (EOY) awards in Singapore.
- EY and BlackLine form strategic alliance to offer finance process automation to organizations worldwide
22 February 2018
Ernst & Young LLP (EY) and BlackLine, Inc. (Nasdaq: BL) have today announced a new strategic alliance that will expand EY process automation capabilities and finance transformation services offered to clients to improve finance and accounting operations.
- EY’s reactions to Singapore Budget 2018
19 February 2018
EY member firms today released its reactions to the Singapore Budget 2018.
- ASEAN small and medium enterprises to invest more in technology to boost business performance
12 February 2018
The latest study found that three in five of ASEAN's SMEs will focus their investments on technology over other fixed assets in 2018 to help drive business performance.
- Singapore and global companies unprepared for GDPR compliance, EY survey finds
12 February 2018
Intensifying regulatory pressures are top of mind for business leaders, with 70% of Singapore respondents expressing increasing concern about data protection and data privacy compliance.
- Underinvestment in post-merger integration jeopardizes value from M&A deals
5 February 2018
Companies in Singapore are looking at M&As to secure growth but are underinvesting in merger integration post-deal, according to an EY poll of over 40 corporate executives.
- EY member firm Partners and professionals walked for – and delivered – rice to needy households
31 January 2018
EY member firm Partners and professionals personally delivered the rice raised from their participation in the Fairprice Walk for Rice @ South East program to 200 less privileged households in Bedok.
- Banks shift priorities toward digitalization and innovation for future growth
30 January 2018
Eighty five percent of banks cite implementation of a digital transformation program as a business priority for 2018, according to the EY Global Banking Outlook 2018.
- Improved financial inclusion could boost bank revenues by US$88b across Asia-Pacific
12 January 2018
Financial inclusion could potentially boost bank revenues in emerging markets across Asia-Pacific by US$88b.
- Wish list for Singapore Budget 2018
4 January 2018
EY member firm today released its wish list for Singapore Budget 2018.