Recent global and Singapore news releases issued by EY.
IPO market returns to pre-crisis highs in 2017
15 December 2017
Asia-Pacific dominates global IPO activity; stellar performance across Asean with Singapore Exchange taking the lead, according to our report EY Global IPO trends: Q4 2017.
Pat Winter appointed to lead the EY Asia-Pacific geographic area
8 December 2017
EY announces the appointment of Pat Winter as EY Asia-Pacific Area Managing Partner. He will commence this post on 1 July 2018.
Data security, data ownership and the use of cloud technology are stirring uncertainty among global and Singapore CFOs
4 December 2017
Managing data security and privacy is the main challenge CFOs face in today’s corporate reporting environment for more than half of respondents globally.
Hedge fund managers embracing innovation amid industry challenges and increased competition
16 November 2017
A majority of hedge fund managers (57%) are innovating to improve their operational efficiency in response to market disruptions and to avoid falling behind the industry, according to the EY survey.
Digital transformation and cybersecurity are top concerns of CROs
19 October 2017
Risk management functions within financial services organizations are primarily concerned with cybersecurity and data-related risks at their firms, according to the EY and Institute of International Finance eighth annual global bank risk management survey.
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Singapore unveiled
11 October 2017
Dr. Shi Xu, Chief Executive Officer, Nanofilm Technologies International Pte Ltd will represent Singapore at the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year in Monte Carlo, Monaco in 2018.
Singapore’s accounting professionals not future-ready; lack of workplace support for skills development
11 October 2017
The top inhibitors preventing them from acquiring new skills include a lack of time, financial resources and employer support, according to a new joint survey by EY and CPA Australia.
Global IPO market performance is on course for best year since 2007
28 September 2017
In the global IPO market, megadeals raise over US$1b in 3Q 2017 where total year-to-date proceeds exceed US$190b.
EY announces new global talent programs to prepare its people and its business for the future of work
19 September 2017
EY today announced a series of new global Talent programs designed to prepare its workforce and its business for the future of work.
Top Singapore entrepreneurs of 2017 revealed
14 September 2017
EY announced the recipients of its 16th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Singapore awards.
Tax functions can stay ahead with new EY Tax Agenda application
13 September 2017
The new application-based platform enhances strategic conversations with organizations about their tax functions and the roles that those tax functions play in overall business operations.
EY, Guardtime and industry participants launch the world's first marine insurance blockchain platform
6 September 2017
The first of its kind in the insurance industry, the platform’s initial phased rollout will involve deploying the benefits of blockchain for end-to-end use across the marine industry.
EY strengthens tax services with launch of Tax Technology and Transformation
10 August 2017
EY announces the creation of Tax Technology and Transformation that helps organizations to redefine their tax functions and drive transformation for the digital age.
EY to become a SAP delivery and managed service center of excellence for clients across Asean and APAC
7 August 2017
EY has acquired Brightree Solutions Sdn. Bhd. (Brightree) in Malaysia. Brightree is a regional SAP consulting, technology services and outsourcing company with SAP Platinum Partner recognition.
New deal terrain is no barrier for traditional players as global M&A activity remains strong
3 August 2017
The global M&A market remained strong during the first half of 2017, despite rising protectionist sentiment and increasing intervention in deals by governments and regulators.
- Purpose, not profit, is business leaders’ key to success amid turbulent global economy
25 July 2017
A majority (73%) of business leader respondents believe in the value of a strong corporate purpose, and only a minority (15%) say their company’s main purpose is to maximize shareholder value, according to the EY report, How can purpose reveal a path through disruption? Mapping the journey from rhetoric to reality.
- Financial Technology services poised for mainstream adoption on a global scale with 1 in 3 digitally active consumers using FinTech
18 July 2017
In Singapore, FinTech adoption increased from 15% in 2015 to 23% in 2017, according to the latest EY FinTech Adoption Index.
- Global IPOs in H1 2017 rebound from market uncertainty with most activity since 2007
29 June 2017
Asia-Pacific sees best first half in 15 years; Asean market outperforms the previous quarter.
- EY expands talent strength and deepens innovation capabilities in Singapore with four Centers of Excellence
21 June 2017
EY expands talent strength and deepens innovation capabilities in Singapore with four Centers of Excellence (CoEs).
- Global executives are bullish on growth and plan to seize opportunities from geopolitical uncertainty over next 12 months
7 June 2017
Global middle market organizations, companies with annual revenues of US$1m-US$3b, are showing no signs of slowing down in the face of geopolitical uncertainty.
- Murad Al-Katib of AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. from Canada named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2017
11 June 2017
Murad Al-Katib, President and CEO of Saskatchewan-based AGT Food and Ingredients Inc., was this evening named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 at an awards ceremony held in Monaco’s Salle des Etoiles.
- Employees want corporate fraud, bribery and corruption policies simplified and consistently applied
25 May 2017
An overwhelming majority of respondents to the EY Asia-Pacific Fraud Survey 2017 want to work for a compliant organization but are confused about what is expected of them because compliance policies are unclear and inconsistently delivered.
- China and India overtake US at top of renewable energy attractiveness index
17 May 2017
The fall -- the first time for US since 2015 -- to third place in the ranking of the top 40 countries follows a marked shift in US policy under the new administration.
- Six steps to protect against ransomware attacks
16 May 2017
In light of recent cyber attacks focused on global organizations, EY is urging immediate action to help mitigate the effects and protect against future attacks.
- ASEAN to attract strong trade and investment interest
4 May 2017
Global and regional investors remain vested in ASEAN despite wider challenging externalities, according to a new EY report.
- Nonfinancial performance must move up the corporate agenda, say institutional investors
13 April 2017
Institutional investors say environmental, social and governance risks have been ignored far too long by the business world.
- Southeast Asian corporates warming up to divestments
10 April 2017
According to the EY Global Corporate Divestment Study 2017, Southeast Asian corporates are warming up to divestments as close to a quarter (24%) of those surveyed planned to divest within the next two years, up from 15% in 2014.
- 2017 global IPO outlook remains robust after promising Q1 results
6 April 2017
Asean saw a near fourfold increase in funds raised at US$1.3b compared with same period in 2016, according to the EY Global IPO Trends: Q1 2017 report.
- EY wins Auditor of the Year again!
3 April 2017
EY has been awarded ‘Auditor of the year’ in Asian Investor’s Annual Asset Management Awards 2017 in the 4th consecutive year.
- Balancing performance against growth - 60% of banks plan to invest in new technologies as market challenges persist
22 March 2017
While only 11% of banking executives globally expect their financial performance to improve significantly over the next 12 months, 60% of banks see the need to invest in new customer-facing technologies to spur growth.
- Advanced analytics drives double-digit growth, says EY and Forbes Insights survey
16 March 2017
Asia-Pacific maintains position as leader in advanced analytics maturity, according to a report developed by Forbes Insights, in collaboration with EY.
- Technology M&A sets all-time value record of US$466.6b in 2016 driven by disruptive cloud, mobile, social and data analytics
14 March 2017
Asia-Pacific and Japan (APJ) aggregate value soared 174% to a record US$141.4b in 2016.
- Fifteen leading businesswomen named to 2017 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women Asia-Pacific program
8 March 2017
Singapore participants of 2017 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women Asia-Pacific program are Jill Ang of Ha Li Fa Pte. Ltd. and Helene Raudaschl of Indoguna Singapore.
- Prolonged low oil prices force National Oil Companies to rethink their business models
23 February 2017
National oil companies are under pressure to evolve from a volume to value business model in a lasting low oil price environment.
- EY’s reactions to Singapore Budget 2017
20 February 2017
EY today released its reactions to the Singapore Budget 2017 announcement.
- Singapore companies face challenges in implementing FRS 115
16 February 2017
Despite less than a year to the 1 January 2018 effective date of the Financial Reporting Standard 115, many companies have yet to initiate the adoption of the new revenue standard, and are facing challenges in the implementation.
- Singapore consumers are digitally savvy and demand secure, affordable and high-quality experiences
14 February 2017
Data privacy and affordability concerns remain amid growth opportunities for e-commerce and digital retail, payments and banking in Singapore.
- Response to recommendations by the Committee on the Future Economy
10 February 2017
EY today released its reactions to the recommendations by the Committee on the Future Economy (CFE) in Singapore.
- Global oil and gas deal value reached US$395b in 2016 with help from megadeals
8 February 2017
Global oil and gas deal activity in 2016 recovered from a slow start to the year with help from the announcements of midstream and oilfield services megadeals.
- EY opens nominations for its 16th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2017 awards in Singapore
7 February 2017
Spotlights the critical role of leaders in the age of disruption
- Strong global investment appetite into Europe despite geopolitical instability
31 January 2017
Despite current geopolitical and financial market volatility, investment plans into Europe over the next three years are strong, with 56% of global investors planning to grow their presence into Europe.
- Singapore companies confident of predicting and resisting cyber attacks
16 January 2017
80% of Singapore companies are confident of their ability to detect a sophisticated cyber attack, surpassing the global average of 50%.
- EY’s wish list for Singapore Budget 2017
12 January 2017
EY today released its wish list for Singapore Budget 2017.