A diverse team with a broader perspective
Law at EY
An integrated multi-disciplinary approach
Our diverse legal team is a fully integrated part of our client teams, combining disciplines to deliver holistic, business focused advice.
Our team works seamlessly with their Assurance, Tax, Transactions and Advisory colleagues to provide comprehensive, business services to clients. We approach projects collaboratively, listening first to gain a deep understanding of project objectives, and focus on integrated advice and delivery, whether from a legal, tax or accounting perspective – or the combination that best suits you.
As part of a global network of 2,100+ law professionals across 82 countries, we focus on providing practical, workable proposals, whether in one or many countries.
Our diverse team
We are a diverse team of lawyers working with the wider EY business, our clients and other stakeholders.
Public and private M&A, joint ventures and other transactions
- Domestic and cross-border transaction advice including M&A and joint ventures
- Listed company takeover offers, both recommended and hostile bids
- Due diligence and transaction structure review
Corporate, commercial, competition and IP/IT
- Setting up new companies/starting business operations in the UK
- Contractual relationships with domestic and international customers, suppliers and distributors
- Antitrust (cartels, compliance, vertical restraints)
- Patents and know-how, trade marks, designs, copyright, database rights, trade secrets, unfair competition and transaction IP
Corporate re-organisations and project management
- Pre-transaction restructurings, including multinational spin-offs and separation of business divisions or other assets
- Post-acquisition integrations
- Operational and fiscal re-organisations designed to create efficient group structures
- Vendor assistance
Digital and innovations
- Advice on digital law, including Artificial Intelligence, IT and blockchain
- DCommercial contracts, including those relating to FinTech, software development, mobile apps, agile development, digital content creation and licensing, e-commerce and m-commerce, online advertising, large scale IT services agreements and outsourcing projects, cloud computing/SAAS matters and consumer protection and distance selling
- Data monetisation strategies and data ethics
- IP protection
- Data protection compliance on a cross-jurisdictional basis
- Data protection aspects of transactions
- Due diligence in any transaction for compliance with employment laws
- Development plans for post-transaction integration
- Employment litigation
- HR advisory.
Risk management and regulatory
- Regulatory legal advice covering Banking & Capital Markets, Wealth & Asset Management and Insurance
- Review contracts and other legal arrangements through the regulatory lens
- Volume legal contract review and remediation