To support our clients’ day-to-day and strategic business needs, our diverse team of commercial lawyers provides legal advice throughout a business' life cycle. This ranges from producing, developing, buying and selling goods and services, to entering new markets, protecting and exploiting intangible rights, assessing the impact of legislative and market changes on business practices, regulatory compliance and ethical business practices.
We work seamlessly with our colleagues across EY, bringing strong business acumen and blending a mix of professional services to cover the range of issues that can arise in commercial transactions, and helping clients making the most of today’s business opportunities.
What areas do we cover?
- Commercial contracts
- We provide legal advice and prepare contracts to enable clients to secure raw materials, production assets and their routes to market, at home and overseas, with advice on contractual arrangements with customers, suppliers, distributors, agents, franchisees and other trading parties
- We work with clients to evaluate and implement efficient supply chain operations using intra-group, third party or joint venture arrangements
- We enable clients to optimise their e-commerce strategy and provide a secure and legally compliant online selling function with advice on UK and EU regulation, contractual terms of business, privacy policies and competition advice
- We help clients secure their IT requirements to underpin back and front office operations with advice on hardware and software procurement and use, servicing and maintenance contracts
- Compliance and ethical business policies
We work with clients to ensure their business policies remain compliant and ethical as part of their day-to-day activities with advice on data protection and competition law; when things go wrong, we defend clients in regulatory investigations.
- Cartel and abuse of dominance ‘dawn raids’ and investigations
We provide on-site support for unannounced inspections from competition regulators.
We provide legal advice to clients who are looking to set up new companies/starting business operations in the UK, advising them on aspects such as setting up subsidiaries or branches, which helps support their growth agenda.
We provide legal advice around patents and know-how, trademarks, designs, copyright, database rights, trade secrets, unfair competition and transaction IP so clients can protect and exploit their ideas and innovations.
- Debt Finance
Working with our clients, and as part of multi-disciplinary teams across EY, we explore options for clients to fund expansion plans through acquisition or other corporate activity.