EY and Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality form strategic collaboration to transform health care delivery
London, 25 October 2016
- New solutions powered by data and advanced technologies to improve patient care and operational efficiencies for hospitals and other health care facilities worldwide
EY and the Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality announce a strategic collaboration to develop and deliver services to help health care organizations worldwide improve patient safety, operational efficiency and clinical outcomes.
Teams of renowned clinical experts from the Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute and consultants from EY Health Sector Services will work together to jointly develop, market and deploy services across the areas of high reliability, clinical transformation, risk management and valuation, data analytics, and enabling infrastructure to help eliminate avoidable patient harm.
EY and the Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute bring complementary capabilities and approaches to the issues confronting global health systems. EY professionals will provide their experience and global footprint in supporting health care system clinical transformation, enterprise risk, and provider infrastructure, as well as enterprise data analytics. The Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute will bring renowned expertise in evidence-based clinical methods to enhance patient safety, quality, clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction and operational effectiveness in health care delivery.
Jacques Mulder, EY Global Health Sector Leader, says:
“In an age of digital connectedness, savvy patients and cash-strapped governments, our collective goal is helping people to live their best lives – receiving the right care, at the right time in the right way that resonates with their goals in what their health means to them. EY’s collaboration with the Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute can provide a high reliability approach to care, staff management and patient treatment – with services that weave consideration of clinical quality and safety into every aspect from front and back offices, to clinical operations, using rigorous methods and tools that are focused on safety, quality, performance, and digital data integrity.”
Through their agreement, the Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute and EY will jointly provide services in:
- High reliability organizing transformation services to help clients begin the journey to high reliability across locations, functions, and geographies, addressing governance and infrastructure, clinical practices and communities and performance management;
- Insight analytics tools to help clients see potential clinical and patient safety risks in clinical data to help mitigate potential harms with the same rigor and controls typically used in managing financial data;
- Health care safety and quality evaluation to help clients understand the value of their clinical quality and patient safety infrastructure, as well as potential risks and areas for improvement;
- Health infrastructure and managed services to help clients plan, design, build and commission hospitals, medical schools, home health care services and tele-health capabilities, and clinical quality and safety departments.
Kevin Ichhpurani, EY Global Head of Alliances and Ecosystem Innovation, Advisory Services, says:
“Collaborative relationships such as this are key to EY’s growth by expanding our services portfolio strategically. By jointly developing, marketing, and deploying health care transformation Advisory services, the Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute and EY can apply complementary capabilities and services to pressing issues confronting global health systems. Together, we can help build a healthier and better working world to further improve patient care and increase health care efficiency and efficacy.”
Notes to editors
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.