EY announces finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2016 Award in the Mountain Desert Region
Denver, 10 May 2016
EY today announced the finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2016 Award in the Mountain Desert Region which includes Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico. This year marks the 30th anniversary of the awards program. The award recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected by a panel of independent judges, and award winners will be announced at a special gala on 23 June 2016 at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.
The finalists are:
- BeyondTrust - Kevin Hickey, President and CEO (Phoenix, AZ)
- Bhakti, Inc - Brook Eddy, CEO and Founder (Boulder, CO)
- Carvana - Ernie Garcia, Founder and CEO (Phoenix, AZ)
- Centerline Solutions - Benjamin Little, CEO (Golden, CO)
- Circle Graphics, Inc. - Andrew Cousin, CEO (Longmont, CO)
- Extraction Oil & Gas - Mark Erickson, Chairman, CEO and Co-founder and Matt Owens, President and Co-founder (Denver, CO)
- Global Employment Solutions & Fahrenheit IT - Howard Brill, Chairman and CEO (Littleton, CO)
- Grand Canyon University - Brian Mueller, President and CEO (Phoenix, AZ)
- HealthiestYou - Jim Prendergast, CEO (Phoenix, AZ)
- IBC Hotels - Pamela Barnhill, President and COO (Phoenix, AZ)
- LogRhythm - Andy Grolnick, CEO; Chris Petersen, CTO and Co-founder; and Phil Villella, Chief Scientist and Co-founder (Boulder, CO)
- MorningStar Senior Living - Ken Jaeger, Founder and CEO (Denver, CO)
- Onyx M.D. - Robert Moghim M.D., CEO and Founder (Denver, CO)
- Ping Identity Corporation - Andre Durand, CEO (Denver, CO)
- Punch Bowl Social - Robert Thompson, CEO and Founder (Denver, CO)
- Red Canyon Software - Barry Hamilton, CEO (Denver, CO)
- Seattle Fish Co - James Iacino, President and CEO (Denver, CO)
- SomaLogic - Larry Gold, Chairman and Founder and Byron Hewett, CEO (Boulder, CO)
- Sphero - Paul Berberian, CEO (Boulder, CO)
- Summit Electric Supply Co., Inc. - Victor R. Jury Jr., Chairman and CEO (Albuquerque, NM)
- TeamSnap - Dave DuPont, CEO and Co-founder (Boulder, CO)
- Vail Resorts - Robert Katz, CEO (Broomfield, CO)
- ViaWest - Nancy Phillips, President and CEO (Greenwood Village, CO)
- Webroot Inc. - Dick Williams, President and CEO (Broomfield, CO)
Now in its 30th year, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 145 cities in more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year national program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall National Award winner, will be announced at the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California on November 19, 2016. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth FórumTM, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The US Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Monaco, June 2017.
Founded and produced by EY, Entrepreneur Of The Year is nationally sponsored nationally by SAP America, Merrill Corporation and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In addition, Merrill Corporation is the official and preferred data partner of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® Awards as a global leader in secure content sharing, regulated communications and compliance services. Merrill Corporation’s DataSite is used to facilitate the judges’ independent review of nominations. In the Mountain Desert region, sponsors also include Faegre Baker Daniels LLP, Colliers International, Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. and the Denver Business Journal.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in over 145 cities and in more than 60 countries.
About EY’s Strategic Growth Markets practice
EY’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practice guides leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary teams of elite professionals provide perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, an EY member firm serving clients in the US.