EY awards US$1m to four winners of the global Better begins with you program
London, 10 January 2018
- Exceptional EY teams and individuals honored for building a better working world
- Winners hail from India, China, South Africa and the US
EY has awarded US$1m to the 2017 winners of the peer-based global recognition program, Better begins with you. Now in its third year, Better begins with you celebrates outstanding EY people and teams who have found inspiring and impactful ways to bring their organization’s purpose – building a better working world – to life.
EY people nominate individuals and teams in four award categories, and a global winner is selected from each category. The winners, who see a need and proactively seek out ways to address it, each share US$1m to invest and further develop the initiatives for which they are being recognized. The award categories include driving exceptional client service, strengthening our communities, pursuing innovation and creating exceptional EY experiences.
Mark Weinberger, EY Global Chairman and CEO, says:
“The winners are great examples of EY people and teams who have demonstrated commitment to building a better working world in unique and impactful ways every day. I’m incredibly proud of this year’s global winners and I’m excited to see how the US$1m investment will allow each of these teams to grow their initiatives so they can continue making a lasting impact on the people and broader communities they serve.”
- Driving exceptional client service: Advisory’s business transformation team from EY member firm offices in Mumbai and Delhi, for helping one of India’s most recognized home appliances brands transform from a 70-year-old business into a modern organization with an efficient and inexpensive distribution system for delivering its products to retailers and customers.
- Strengthening our communities: Philippa Bridger, Core Business Services, from the EY member firm office in Cape Town, for her tireless commitment to mentoring and educating South Africa’s girls in need, and for more than tripling the number of girls enrolled in an external EY NextGen program that supports the next generation of women leaders in Africa.
- Pursuing innovation: China’s tax automation team, for automating a major tax function and developing a customized robotic process automation (RPA) solution for a client that helped streamline manual tasks and allowed their staff to focus on higher-value strategic work.
- Creating exceptional EY experiences: EY Presents team, US, for helping EY people in EY offices around the world build their public speaking skills so they can pay it forward and help people in their surrounding communities communicate more confidently, too.
Nancy Altobello, EY Global Vice Chair – Talent, says:
“Our people are at the heart of our organization. They regularly find new and creative ways to solve complex problems and deliver the best possible results for our clients, communities and our business. The Better begins with you program not only celebrates those individuals and teams for their exceptional achievements, but it also inspires and motivates our 250,000 people about the greater impact their work has on the world around them.”
More than 50 Better begins with you global finalists and leadership from across EY met in Amsterdam on 7 December 2017 for an inspirational daytime celebration that included engaging speakers, tours of the city’s museums, landmarks and iconic cuisine, a scenic lunch on the canals and an evening gala dinner where the four global winners were announced.
Learn more about the Better begins with you program and the 2017 global winners and global finalists here.
Notes to Editors
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.