The IPO: a transformation, not a transaction
A successful listing on one of the world's capital markets, while always the culmination of months or years of hard work, can provide benefits such as:
- Access to financing to complete a strategic acquisition
- Opportunities to expand your business into new markets
- An exit opportunity for your private equity or other investors
- Improved perceptions of your business and brand with customers, suppliers and employees
An IPO marks a turning point in the life of a company. Exceptional enterprises don't view an IPO as simply a financial transaction, but rather, recognize it as a complex transformation from private to public and start their IPO journey well-informed and well-prepared.
Q1 2018 US IPO Trends
For a full breakdown of the latest IPO activity around the world, read the latest EY Global IPO Trends Report.
Q1 2018 Global IPO Trends Report
After strong activity in 2017, global IPO activity in Q1 2018 was off to another promising start.
Insights on IPO trends and activity
- Financial reporting obligations under SEC Rule 701 for private companies that issue equity compensation
- Livestream replay: The future of IPOs: are you ready to embrace the change?
- IPO Registration process
- Equity capital markets update/May 2017
- EY’s US guide to going public
- How companies take investor relations to heart
- How governance can impact an IPO firm’s success
- With the right board, the sky's no limit
- Internal controls: Are you ready?