Welcome to our newsroom
Read our news releases.
- Tuesday, 24 May 2016
Australian wealth managers need to employ client-centric strategies to capture share of US$200b global revenue opportunity
Wealth managers in Australia will need to employ more client-centric strategies and make better use of technology if they want to capture a share of the sector’s US$200b global revenue opportunity, according to EY’s 2016 global wealth management report.
- Monday, 16 May 2016
Mining & metals deal volume, value continues to languish
First quarter M&A and capital raising numbers confirm the stark reality of the ‘lower for longer’ sentiment in the mining and metals sector, according to EY Oceania Mining & Metals Transactions Leader Paul Murphy.
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016
Australia bounces back up renewable energy attractiveness rankings
Australia has bounced back up three spots into the top 10 rankings of EY’s Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Indices (RECAI), released today.
- Thursday, 5 May 2016
Banks’ profits under rising pressure
Australia’s big four banks have posted slowing results in their 2016 half year announcements. EY’s analysis of the half year results of the major banks shows headline cash earnings after tax of $14.8 billion, a decrease of 2.5% from the prior comparative period.
- Wednesday, 20 April 2016
Significant jump in recognition of corrupt practices raises stakes for Australian companies and executives
The proportion of Australian executives who believe bribery and corrupt practices are widespread has risen sharply over the past two years, from just 8% in 2014 to 28% today, according to the findings of EY’s 14th Global Fraud Survey.
- Tuesday, 22 March 2016
EY Oceania announces move to acquire the business of Perth’s leading specialist tax law practice
EY Oceania announced today that it has moved to acquire the business of Perth’s leading specialist tax law practice, Norton & Smailes.
- Friday, 11 March 2016
Australian CFOs concerned about effectiveness of corporate reporting
Australian CFOs are losing confidence in corporate reporting and its effectiveness, as pressure from audit committees, the complexity of implementing new reporting requirements and reporting overload affect performance.
- Thursday, 10 March 2016
Five Australians among 16 women selected to participate in 2016 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ Asia-Pacific program
EY today announced the five inspiring Australian women who have been selected to take part in the 2016 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women (EWW) Asia-Pacific program.
- Wednesday, 2 March 2016
EY announces Australian Food and Grocery Council sponsorship
EY has today announced the signing of a sponsorship agreement with the Australian Food and Grocery Council (AFGC).
- Friday, 26 February 2016
EY launches 2016 program to support fast growth technology entrepreneurs in Asia-Pacific
EY has launched its Accelerating Entrepreneurs program in Asia-Pacific, which gives high-potential, fast-growth technology start-ups from across the region access to support to help scale their businesses.
- The time is right for an Australian Tax Reform Commission
Monday, 22 February 2016
Australia’s tax reform process is failing and requires institutional reform to properly function again according to EY.
- 2016 to be game-changer for power and utilities sector in Australia
Monday, 22 February 2016
A surge in renewable energy investment, empowered consumers and further NSW asset sales will shape what is expected to be a busy year for M&A in the Australian power and utilities sector, says EY Oceania Power & Utilities Leader Matt Rennie.
- Cyber breach and insider threat risks drive increased investment in forensic data analytics
Monday, 15 February 2016
Executives view cyber breaches and insider threats as the fastest-growing fraud risks facing their businesses and this is driving increased investment in forensic data analytics (FDA), according to the findings of a new EY survey.
- Healthcare Procurement Partners team join EY
Friday, 12 February 2016
EY announced today that the Healthcare Procurement Partners team has joined the Oceania Advisory team.
- The search is on for the nation’s most innovative entrepreneurs
Thursday, 11 February 2016
Nominations are now open for the 2016 Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The YearTM awards and Accelerating Entrepreneurs program.
- Australian consumers spending more than 10 hours of every day on their digital devices
Thursday, 4 February 2016
Comfort with digital spending is creating a fertile environment for new players looking to extract dollars from Australian consumers, according to a new EY report.
- Restructuring and divestments to dominate mining deals in 2016
Thursday, 4 February 2016
Financial restructuring and portfolio optimisation among mining and metals companies will shape merger and acquisition activity in the sector in 2016, with divestments expected to pick up pace on the back of volatility and uncertainty on the timing of a recovery, according to a new EY report released today.
- More CFOs partnering with CEOs to drive strategy, but many ignoring the shift to digital
Wednesday, 3 February 2016
The relationship between chief financial officers (CFO) and chief executive officers (CEO) has become more collaborative in the past three years, but new research from EY has found CFOs are still more focused on managing costs and setting budgets than carving out a broader strategic role within the business.
- Yellow goods market shows no sign of recovery
Monday, 1 February 2016
A “freefall” in values for yellow goods in the mining sector shows no sign of recovery in 2016, according to EY’s 2016 Australian Yellow Goods Report, released today.
- Adoption of FinTech among digitally active consumers could double within next 12 months
Friday, 22 January 2016
The level of financial technology (FinTech) adoption among consumers is set to grow significantly in the next year, according to the results of EY’s inaugural FinTech Adoption Index.
- Working capital key to unlocking ‘cash’ for mining companies
Friday, 18 December 2015
A sharper focus on improving working capital performance across the mining sector has had mixed results so far, according to a new EY report.
- EY mobility and immigration team win at the Asia-Pacific Expatriate Management and Mobility Awards
Thursday, 17 December 2015
EY’s People Advisory Services (PAS) Immigration team has been named Immigration Provider of the Year at the 2015 Asia-Pacific Expatriate Management and Mobility Awards (EMMAs) held in Hong Kong.
- Retail sector opportunities for private equity in 2016
Thursday, 17 December 2015
Private equity funds could re-emerge as buyers in the Australian retail sector in 2016, with divestments and distressed asset opportunities possible, accordingly to EY’s Oceania Consumer Products & Retail Leader, Glenn Carmody.
- ETF industry expects growth of nearly 18% per year
Wednesday, 16 December 2015
Exchange traded fund (ETF) businesses expect to grow by nearly 18% per year for the next three to five years, according to EY’s 2015 Global ETF Survey.
- Australian real estate sector recognised as a top investment destination for 2016
Tuesday, 15 December 2015
Acclimatising to a low growth global economic environment is paying dividends for the Australian real estate sector after it was recognised as a top investment destination in EY’s Capital Confidence Barometer.
- A strong first step in lifting Australia’s capacity to innovate
Wednesday, 09 December 2015
The Federal Government’s National Innovation and Science Agenda recognises that the barriers to innovation must be lifted, according to EY.
- Hedge funds confront impact of new regulations and evolving prime broker relationships
Wednesday, 02 December 2015
Hedge fund managers are experiencing the ripple effects of new regulations on banks and prime brokers, with funds facing increased trading fees and broader changes to business relationships.
- Cyber threats a risk to the Australian real estate sector
Tuesday, 24 November 2015
The Australian real estate sector is failing to mitigate cybercrime risks, with the transition to intelligent buildings, SMART everything and the matter of corporate liability putting the industry in the spotlight.
- Criminal syndicates considered the biggest threat for cyber attacks on Australian organisations
Wednesday, 11 November 2015
Nearly 80% of Australian organisations fear a criminal syndicate is most likely to be the source of a cyber attack according to a new EY security survey Creating trust in the digital world.
- Global medtech industry struggles to sustain growth, putting future innovation at risk
Wednesday, 11 November 2015
Despite a record number of IPOs and a robust mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market, the global medtech industry continues to face tepid growth and a dwindling pool of investors for early-stage companies. These challenges, highlighted in the 2015 edition of EY's annual medical technology industry report, Pulse of the industry, raise important questions about the long-term sustainability of the sector.
- M&A pipeline builds momentum
Monday, 9 November 2015
Australian deal activity is set to rise with 53% of local companies planning acquisitions in the next 12 months, up from 44% six months ago, according to EY’s latest Australasian Capital Confidence Barometer.
- EY’s analysis of the Australian major banks’ 2015 full year results
Monday, 2 November 2015
Australia’s major banks have delivered another solid financial performance, reporting combined cash earnings of $30 billion for the 2015 full year – an increase of 5.4% from the same period last year.
- Australian banks learning lessons from financial scandals
Monday, 26 October 2015
In the wake of a spate of high profile financial planning scandals, Australia’s major financial institutions are continuing to spend huge amounts on remediation programs.
- Investors warn non-financial disclosures are inadequate
Thursday, 22 October 2015
Institutional investors say companies need to provide them with non-financial disclosures that outline visible, measurable risks to the company’s performance or risk losing their potential investment, according to a new EY survey released today.
- Risk profile the missing link in Australian organisations’ business strategies
Wednesday, 21 October 2015
Only 7% of Australian boards are identifying and evaluating their risk management and business objectives in ‘real time’ limiting the opportunity for risk management to play a role in every day decision making, according to EY’s inaugural governance, risk and compliance (GRC) survey There’s no reward without risk.
- Moose Enterprise’s Manny Stul named as leading Australian entrepreneur for 2015
Thursday, 15 October 2015
Manny Stul, Chairman and co-CEO of toy company Moose Enterprise, has been named the 2015 Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™.
- Family businesses face next gen succession challenge
Wednesday, 23 September 2015
Just one in five college students with a family business background are open to the prospect of one day taking over their family’s firm, according to a new global report from EY.
- EY to become one of the largest restructuring advisors in Canberra
Monday, 14 September 2015
EY Australia has moved to acquire the business of leading Canberra professional services partnership Kazar Slaven.
- Pension stakeholders see need to collaborate and improve long-term distribution strategy
Friday, 11 September 2015
Key public and private sector stakeholders face mounting pressure to develop more robust and clearer long-term pension and retirement distribution strategies as reforms and consumer choices increase, warns a new global report by EY.
- African changes bring new challenges, new opportunities
Thursday, 3 September 2015
Demography, connectivity and democracy will be the key factors shaping the business operating environment for the 150 ASX listed miners in Africa over the next decade, according to EY partner Christian Mion, a 30-year veteran of the mining industry across Africa.
- EY announces new Oceania Climate Change and Sustainability Leader
Tuesday, 1 September 2015
EY today announced the appointment of Dr Matthew Bell as the new EY Oceania Climate Change and Sustainability Leader.
- Subdued mining M&A continues, competition for capital remains fierce
Monday, 31 August 2015
EY's latest quarterly mining deals analysis, Mergers, acquisitions and capital raising in mining and metals 1H 2015, reflects investor caution in the sector and underscores the lack of capital available to junior and mid-tier miners, according to EY Oceania Mining & Metals Transactions Leader Paul Murphy.
- NSW and ACT entrepreneurs shine at EY awards night
Friday, 14 August, 2015
The best entrepreneurs from across New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory took the honours at last night’s 2015 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Eastern Region awards ceremony in Sydney.
- Top honours for Victorian entrepreneurs at EY awards night
Friday, 7 August, 2015
The best Victorian entrepreneurs took the honours at last night’s 2015 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Southern Region awards ceremony in Melbourne.
- Juniors must be nimble and transaction-ready
Monday, 3 August, 2015
Counter-cyclical private investors and dedicated resource funds with an eye to the inevitable upturn in the cycle are the most likely lifeline for cash-starved juniors and mid-tier mining companies – but companies need to make their projects stand-out from the competition, according to EY Oceania Mining & Metals Leader Scott Grimley.
- Queensland entrepreneurs take home top honours
Friday, 31 July, 2015
Four outstanding entrepreneurs took out top honours at last night’s 2015 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Northern Region awards ceremony in Queensland.
- 2015’s top Western Australian entrepreneurs named
Friday, 24 July, 2015
The top Western Australian entrepreneurs haven taken home honours from last night’s 2015 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Western Region awards ceremony in Perth.
- SA’s leading entrepreneurs honoured at awards night
Friday, 17 July, 2015
The winners of the 2015 EY Entrepreneur Of The YearTM Central Region awards were announced at a gala ceremony at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre yesterday.
- EY to become one of New Zealand’s largest health advisors
Thursday, 2 July, 2015
EY Oceania has moved to acquire the business and assets of leading New Zealand health consulting company, Health Partners Consulting Group Ltd (Health Partners), making EY one of New Zealand’s largest health care advisors.
- Record number of new partners appointed at EY in Canberra
Wednesday, 1 July, 2015
Seven new partners have been appointed to EY’s leadership team in Canberra, supporting the firm’s growth strategy for the region.
- Future growth becomes the top business risk for mining and metals companies
Monday, 29 June, 2015
Pro-cyclical behaviour and short-term focused shareholders have pushed “switch to growth” to the top of EY’s annual ranking of business risks in mining and metals companies globally.
- Talent repelled by unethical business practices, says EY survey
Thursday, 18 June, 2015
Ethical business practices are directly related to attracting and retaining talent in Asia-Pacific (APAC) with almost 80% of the respondents polled in EY’s APAC Fraud Survey 2015 - Fraud and Corruption – driving away talent? - claiming they would be unwilling to work for companies involved in bribery and corruption.
- EY and UTS form financial services analytics alliance
Monday, 15 June, 2015
EY and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) have launched an alliance to address some of the biggest data analytics challenges currently facing Australian financial service organisations.
- Succession and cybersecurity overlooked by Aussie family businesses
Wednesday, 3 June, 2015
Succession planning and cybersecurity are among the top issues facing Australian family businesses today according to a new global report.
- Mining M&A will be a commodity-by-commodity story
Monday, 25 May, 2015
Prospective deal-makers in the mining and metals sector should pay closer attention to where individual commodities are in the cycle, according to EY Australia mining and metals transaction leader Paul Murphy.
- Bumper crop of entrepreneurs to take part in 15th year of iconic business awards
Monday, 18 May, 2015
EY today announced the 100 entrepreneurs from across the nation who are in the running to be crowned the 2015 Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year.
- Challenging times for the banking sector
Thursday, 7 May, 2015
The half year results announcements of Australia’s big four banks reflect a sector that continues to be tested by local and international influences.
- Smart investments in e-mental health are key to addressing unmet need
Thursday, 7 May, 2015
A report released today by ReachOut Australia and EY, A Way Forward reveals that the missing piece of the puzzle for addressing escalating youth mental health issues may lay in smart investments in existing online services.
- Power and utilities companies failing to address gender imbalance
Monday, 4 May, 2015
Power and Utilities companies are failing to take action on gender balance despite significant financial benefits being achieved by more diverse organisations.
- Slower domestic growth drives new appetite for offshore M&A
Wednesday, 29 April, 2015
Subdued local growth is forcing Australasian corporates to change their M&A strategies, with 70% of those considering acquisitions looking across borders for targets, EY’s latest six-monthly Australasia Capital Confidence Barometer shows.
- EY announces new Queensland leader
Monday, 27 April, 2015
EY today announced the appointment of Paul Laxon as the firm’s next Queensland Managing Partner.
- EY the first professional services firm globally to offer a predictive analytic software platform that models human behaviour
Tuesday, 14 April, 2015
EY Australia has moved to acquire the business and assets of world leading Australian predictive analytics platform provider Intelligent Development Pty Limited, trading as ISD Analytics.
- Melbourne shines as entrepreneurial hub
Thursday, 9 April, 2015
EY today announced a new sponsorship of York Butter Factory (YBF), a co-working space for Melbourne’s high potential early-stage technology entrepreneurs.
- Rick Dennis retires after 34 years with EY
Tuesday, 31 March, 2015
EY today announced the retirement of Queensland Managing Partner, Rick Dennis after 34 years at the firm.
- EY calls for focus on tax policy process to address ongoing disarray
Monday, 30 March, 2015
The release of the Government’s Tax Discussion Paper provides a significant opportunity to address the ongoing problems with the tax policy process in Australia.
- Australia ranked 8th in the world for ‘digital attractiveness’
Wednesday, 11 March, 2015
A new report has found that Australia ranks 8th globally for ‘digital attractiveness’ due to low market costs and risks, but local media and entertainment (M&E) companies may need to set their sights on oversees targets to achieve maximum growth.
- Increase in divestments expected as buyers circle assets
Monday, 9 March, 2015
Divestments will be a core component of companies’ capital strategy in the next year as management teams address pressure to improve portfolio performance, according to EY’s Global Corporate Divestment Study, Closing the deal: strategies to increase speed and value.
- Take action or we’ll walk: young women expect more from corporate Australia when it comes to gender equity
Friday, 6 March, 2015
Australia’s emerging female leaders believe it’s time for corporate Australia to move beyond the rhetoric on gender equity and take meaningful action or risk losing key talent to non-corporate sectors.
- EY sponsors entrepreneurs in Sydney’s CBD
Monday, 2 March, 2015
EY today announced a new multi-year sponsorship of Tank Stream Labs (TSL) to support the organisation to promote and up skill its entrepreneur community.
- EY to become one of Asia-Pacific’s largest enterprise intelligence advisors
Monday, 23 February 2015
EY has entered into an agreement to acquire C3 Business Solutions (C3) – a leading Australian advanced analytics firm with capabilities across information management and business intelligence.
- Tough times for miners bring longer-term value creation opportunities
Monday, 23 February 2015
Capital raising and allocation decisions have rarely been more challenging for Australian miners, but the bottom of the cycle is often when longer-term value is created, according to Paul Murphy, EY Australia and Asia Pacific Mining & Metals Transactions Leader.
- Insurance CFOs call for investment in finance function to help business grow through 2020 and beyond
Thursday, 19 February 2015
EY's Global Insurance CFO survey outlines the need to balance greater data analytics capability with regulatory reporting requirements and the cost of finance.
- Global hospitality trends point to further opportunities in Australia in 2015
Thursday, 12 February 2015
Asian investment will continue to contribute strongly to the M&A picture in the Australian hospitality sector in 2015, EY said.
- Miners leaving cash in the ground with poor working capital
Monday, 9 February 2015
A new EY report shows that mining companies are missing out on “easy money” because of poor working capital management.
- EY and Baseline collaborate on telematics solution for Australian and New Zealand insurers
Friday, 6 February 2015
EY has announced the signing of a new agreement with Baseline Telematics, a world leader in the fast growing insurance telematics industry.
- EY appoints new Canberra leader
Thursday, 29 January 2015
EY has announced the appointment of Todd Wills to the role of Canberra Managing Partner.
- Fifteenth anniversary for iconic entrepreneur awards – nominate today!
Tuesday, 27 January 2015
Do you have what it takes to be Australia’s next top entrepreneur? Nominations are now open for Australia’s 15th annual EY Entrepreneur Of The YearTM awards.
- EY sponsors Australian film and television awards night of nights
Thursday, 22 January 2015
EY, sponsor of the annual Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) Awards, said the firm was looking forward to celebrating the Awards Ceremony in Sydney next Thursday evening.
- EY’s digital capability enhanced by Semphonic analytics technology
Monday, 19 January 2015
EY Australia’s digital capability has been enhanced by the addition of market leading Semphonic data analytics methodologies and technology.
- Four Australians selected to participate in inaugural EY Entrepreneurial Winning WomenTM Asia-Pacific program
Monday, 19 January 2015
EY today announced the four Australian women entrepreneurs selected to take part in its inaugural EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ (EWW) Asia-Pacific program.
- Capital strategy key for corporates in 2015
Tuesday, 16 December 2014
Plan for the future, be clear on strategy, look for the growth opportunities and be prepared to act quickly is the advice for Australian corporates for 2015 from EY Oceania Transaction Advisory Services Leader Graeme Browning.
- Sustained low oil prices likely to spark acquisition activity
Tuesday, 16 December 2014
Sustained low oil prices and a sharp fall in share market values of oil and gas companies may spark acquisition activity in the Australian market, according to EY.
- Mining and metals sector looks to recovery beginning in 2015
Monday, 15 December 2014
Mike Elliott, EY Global Mining & Metals Leader, says 2015 should see some early recovery for mining and metals, but not before more pain for some parts of the sector.
- Stronger banks, enhanced competition and increased consumer protection
Monday, 8 December 2014
EY has welcomed the release of the Financial System Inquiry Final Report. Many of the key recommendations align with EY’s earlier submissions to the Inquiry and represent a robust plan for the future reform of Australia’s financial system.
- Fewer mining transactions but deal pipeline building
Monday, 1 December 2014
Australia looks set to finish 2014 as the second top market for global mining and metals deals, albeit in an overall environment of fewer deals.
- The case for gender diversity: Australian property sector at the tipping point
Thursday, 27 November 2014
By failing to embrace gender diversity, the Australian property industry is missing out on an important opportunity to lift its financial performance, a report from EY and the Property Council of Australia has found.
- Australia lagging behind in digital, despite being one of the most digitally connected countries in the world
Monday, 24 November 2014
Forty per cent of consumers believe Australia’s status as a digital nation is less advanced than other developed countries, while only 14% of Australians say we are more advanced.
- Founders of Pepperstone named Australia’s top entrepreneurs for 2014
Friday, 21 November 2014
Joe Davenport and Owen Kerr, co-founders of online foreign exchange broker Pepperstone, have been crowned the 2014 Australian EY Entrepreneurs Of The Year™.
- Shifting allocation strategies drive hedge funds towards new products
Thursday, 20 November 2014
As asset growth in traditional hedge funds from institutional investors continues to slow, hedge fund managers are pinning their hopes on the power of new products to attract investor assets and drive growth.
- EY Oceania announces new CEO
Monday, 17 November 2014
Tony Johnson has been appointed as the new EY Oceania CEO and Regional Managing Partner effective 1 January 2015.
- EY appoints new Adelaide leader
Thursday, 13 November 2014
EY has announced the appointment of Don Manifold to the role of Adelaide Office Managing Partner.
- Australians seem to trust insurers less than banks, want more engagement
Thursday, 13 November 2014
Australian consumers seem to be some of the least trusting of insurance companies in the world, according to new research from EY.
- EY appoints new Family Office Services leader
Monday, 10 November 2014
EY announced today that Richard Boyce has joined the firm as a Partner to lead its Oceania Family Office Services practice.
- New digital and customer Partner joins EY
Monday, 3 November 2014
EY announced that digital media industry veteran and customer experience expert Tom Kennedy has joined the firm as a Partner.
- Australian organisations unprepared for cyber attacks
Monday, 3 November 2014
EY’s Global Information Security Survey (GISS) found companies are lacking the agility, the budget and the skills to mitigate known vulnerabilities and successfully address cybersecurity.
- Striking the right balance in a changing landscape
Monday, 3 November 2014
EY’s analysis of the full year results of Australia’s big four banks shows a solid performance, with headline cash earnings of $28.6 billion – an increase of 5.7% from the 2013 full year results.
- M&A is back and set to stay strong
Monday, 27 October 2014
Growing numbers of Australasian corporates are returning to the M&A market and deal pipelines are set to swell rapidly in the next 12 months, EY’s latest six-monthly Australasia Capital Confidence Barometer shows.
- Miners' productivity battle with 'diseconomies of scale'
Monday, 20 October 2014
The size and complexity of mining operations have created “diseconomies of scale” and are a significant factor in diminished productivity in the global mining sector, according to a new research report by EY and the University of Queensland (UQ), released today.
- A third of Australians have missed electricity bill payments
Monday 13 October 2014
Our latest survey highlights opportunities for retailers to attract market share by better meeting the customers’ needs in controlling energy use and by managing “bill shock”.
- Co-founders of Oyster Consulting join EY
Thursday 9 October 2014
EY announced today that the two co-founders of Oyster Consulting James Chapman and Dean Felton have joined the Oceania Advisory team.
- PE-backed listings drive IPO market, strong Q4 expected
Thursday 2 October 2014
Australian IPO activity continues to climb with 44 IPOs raising US$8514.8m in the first nine months of the year – already equalling the volume of IPOs for 2013 and well exceeding the total US$5368.6m raised during 2013, according to the latest quarterly EY Global IPO Trends: 2014 Q3.
- Mining services companies survive – for now
Friday 26 September 2014
Diversification, efficiencies and innovation will be the best recipe for survival for mining services companies under ongoing pressure from a mining sector focused on productivity.
- $44 billion IT spend not translating into expected productivity gains
Wednesday 24 September 2014
Productivity across Australia has decreased over the past 12 months with IT investment and innovation identified by workers as a key opportunity to improve productivity.
- EY acquires power and utilities sector consultancy
Tuesday 9 September 2014
EY is acquiring one of Australia’s leading energy market systems and modelling consultancies, Roam Consulting Pty Ltd.
- EY and dsd Consulting form major talent and remuneration service
Monday 1 September 2014
EY New Zealand has joined forces with dsd Consulting - a market leader in the specialist area of Total Rewards Management - to form the largest, full-service talent and rewards advisory practice in New Zealand.
- Media and entertainment industry looks to digital for growth
Wednesday 27 August 2014
Accelerating digital and online distribution will dominate the agenda of three quarters of the media and entertainment (M&E) industry in the coming year.
- EY to bolster climate change and sustainability services team with acquisition
Tuesday 26 August 2014
The combined technical and strategic capability of Net Balance and EY teams will provide clients with unique expertise to help them meet their sustainability challenges.
- EY names WA’s winning entrepreneurs for 2014
Friday 22 August 2014
Four of Western Australia’s most inspiring entrepreneurs haven taken home the top honours from last night’s 2014 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Western Region awards ceremony.
- Pensions under pressure
Thursday 14 August 2014
New EY report the highlights inevitable need for rapid reform and greater transparency in international pension and retirement systems.
- Power and utilities Q2 deal activity hits four-year high
Monday 11 August 2014
Deal activity in the global power and utilities (P&U) sector spiked in Q2 2014, with deal value and volume rising to US$58.1b and 128, respectively.
- Top entrepreneurs honoured at Sydney awards night
Friday 8 August 2014
Four outstanding entrepreneurs from NSW and the ACT took out top honours at the 2014 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Eastern Region awards ceremony in Sydney.
- Queensland’s top entrepreneurs take centre stage
Friday 1 August 2014
Four outstanding Queensland entrepreneurs took out top honours at last night’s 2014 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Northern Region awards ceremony in Queensland.
- EY’s customer insights capability enhanced
Friday 25 July 2014
EY has moved to acquire one of Australia’s leading market research firms Sweeney Research Pty Ltd.
- South Australian entrepreneurial stars shine
Friday 25 July 2014
Four outstanding South Australian entrepreneurs took out top honours at last night’s 2014 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Central Region awards ceremony in Adelaide.
- Tax functions under pressure on all fronts
Monday 21 July 2014
Despite increasing pressure on all fronts the tax functions of Australian businesses are slow to change their operating models, EY said today.
- Victorian entrepreneurs honoured for achievements
Friday 18 July 2014
Six outstanding Victorian entrepreneurs took out top honours at last night’s 2014 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Southern Region awards ceremony in Melbourne.
- EY welcomes Financial System Inquiry Interim Report
Tuesday 15 July 2014
EY Oceania Financial Services Leader, Andrew Price said, “Some of the key themes raised in the Interim Report around competition, financial advice, stability, superannuation and retirement incomes pose vital questions when it comes to the future structure of the system.”
- Local and global IPO recovery continues
Tuesday 15 July 2014
The local and global IPO markets recovery has continued to end the first half of the year strongly, according to EY Global IPO Trends: 2014 Q2.
- Real estate deal making confidence on the rise
Friday 27 June 2014
Real estate executives believe the global economy is improving and this is reflective of a growing confidence to invest in real estate assets.
- Increased confidence boosts entrepreneurs’ hiring plans
Wednesday 25 June 2014
Seventy-six per cent of the world’s top entrepreneurs plan to increase the size of their workforce in the year ahead by an average of 19%, according to EY’s latest Global Job Creation Survey.
- Statement from Opera Australia regarding Ms Tamar Iveri
Monday 23 June 2014
Opera Australia confirms soprano Ms Tamar Iveri will not be performing in Otello.
- Tax system in disarray, bold action required
Tuesday 17 June 2014
Australia needs a Tax Reform Commission to take responsibility for reforming a system in disarray, EY CEO Rob McLeod said today.
- Deregulation and digital drive deal-making
Monday 16 June 2014
Confidence in the global economy and increased availability of finance is providing fertile ground for deal-making in the media and entertainment sector.
- Failure to adapt to new technologies number one risk for telcos as industry approaches tipping point
Friday 13 June 2014
Telecommunications companies (telcos) must adapt their business models to accommodate the ever-growing number of new technologies or risk missing out on growth opportunities warns a new report by EY.
- Heat turned up on tax
Friday 23 May 2014
Australian companies operating across borders are feeling the heat of a global trend towards increasingly aggressive tax authorities, EY said today.
- 83 Aussie entrepreneurs in the running for Entrepreneur Of The Year title
Monday 19 May 2014
EY today announced the elite group of entrepreneurs from around the country who are in the running to be named as this year’s Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™.
- Power sector transformation will drive deals
Friday 16 May 2014
Disruptions to traditional business models across the electricity generation, network and retail sector will become a key driver in deal values in the sector, EY Oceania Power & Utilities Leader, Matt Rennie, says.
- Federal Budget 2014-15: A work in progress
Wednesday 14 May 2014
The Federal Budget takes many steps towards balancing the books by addressing spending but is unnecessarily tentative on the revenue side of the equation, EY said.
- The race for growth
Thursday May 8 2014
EY's analysis of the Australian major banks' 2014 half year results asks the question: where is the growth going to come from?
- Right ingredients for corporate M&A return
Monday April 28 2014
The essential ingredients for a lift in M&A activity are back for Australasian corporates, the results from EY’s 10th and latest six-monthly Australasian Capital Confidence Barometer show.
- New research points way to oil and gas productivity gains
Monday April 7 2014
A new report released today by EY and the University of Queensland Business School points the way to productivity gains in the Australian oil and gas sector, particularly in $1b-plus megaprojects.
- Banks must focus on personalised service
Friday 28 March 2014
Australian banks need to focus on personalising customer experiences or risk losing share to non-traditional players, according to EY’s new global consumer banking survey.
- Only 11% of Australians regularly use mobile money
Tuesday 18 March 2014
The proportion of mobile phone users actively using mobile money in Australia is tiny, with just 11% of those surveyed using the service regularly, according to EY’s Mobile Money – the next wave of growth report.
- Industry consolidation, market reforms and emerging markets to drive global power and utility deals in 2014
Friday 7 March 2014
The anticipated privatisation of generation and network assets in NSW and Queensland will drive transaction activity in the Australian power and utilities sector in the near to medium term, according to EY’s latest quarterly Power transactions and trends report.
- Australian organisations sleep walking into non-compliance as new privacy laws come into force
Monday 3 March 2014
Many organisations will not be fully compliant with the new privacy laws which come into force on March 12 and are ill-prepared for the implications.
- EY boosts Perth arts support with Sculpture by the Sea sponsorship
Friday 28 February 2014
EY has announced a new three year sponsorship with Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe, including the EY People’s Choice Prize.
- Australia falls in renewable energy investment rankings
Friday 28 February 2014
Global investment in renewable energy fell 11% in 2013 and Australia dropped to sixth spot, according to EY’s latest quarterly Renewable energy country attractiveness index (RECAI).
- EY appoints new Oceania Advisory Leader
Tuesday 25 February 2014
EY today announced Bill Farrell as the new Oceania Advisory Leader.
- $40 billion of potential spending impacted every year by poor experiences
Tuesday 25 February 2014
Australian businesses lose more than $720 for every negative customer experience, according to the latest EY Customer Experience Series survey The cost of complaining.
- Aussie entrepreneurs, it’s your time to shine
Monday 24 February 2014
Know an inspirational Australian entrepreneur who deserves to be recognised? Nominations are now open for the 14th annual EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ awards.
- Global ETF AUM to surpass hedge funds in 18 months
Thursday 6 February 2014
The exchange traded funds industry could surpass the hedge fund industry in assets under management in the next 12-18 months according to EY’s Global ETF Survey.
- EY appoints Andrew Metcalfe AO as a Canberra Partner
Thursday 6 February 2014
EY today announced that Andrew Metcalfe AO is joining its Government and Public Sector team, based in Canberra.
- Decade low for mining deals, gradual return to M&A expected in 2014
Tuesday 4 February 2014
EY's report, Mergers, acquisitions and capital raising in mining and metals: 2013 trends, 2014 outlook, shows the deal inertia evident in the sector last year and points to a gradual return to M&A in 2014.
- Continuous innovation at the centre for M&E companies
Wednesday 29 January 2014
EY’s Sustaining digital leadership study, released today, shows leading media and entertainment (M&E) companies are putting continuous innovation at the centre of everything they do.
- Transactions market heating up as companies focus on growth
Monday 20 January 2014
The first quarter of 2014 is shaping as the busiest period for transactions in Australia in “many years”, EY Oceania Transactions Leader Graeme Browning says.
- Confidence growing in Media and Entertainment sector
Tuesday 14 January 2014
The media and entertainment industry is starting 2014 with a high level of confidence in the global economy, according to EY's 9th Capital Confidence Barometer.
- Static allocations may foil hedge fund growth ambitions
Tuesday 10 December 2013
As the hedge fund industry matures, managers who survived the financial crisis are beginning to focus on growing beyond their original business models.
- Cyber-crime: significant threat to survival of Australian organisations says EY
Tuesday 10 December 2013
Forty per cent of Australian senior executives report that the number of security incidents in their organisation has increased over the last 12 months.
- Confidence, deal activity improving in power and utilities sector
Thursday 5 December 2013
Transaction volumes and confidence are up in the global power and utilities sector, with a further uptick in deal activity expected both locally and globally in 2014.
- Deal making confidence improving in Australian technology sector
Friday 29 November 2013
Sixty-eight percent of technology executives believe the global economy is improving, with another 20% indicating the economy is stable.
- SEEK co-founder crowned Australia’s top entrepreneur for 2013
Friday 22 November 2013
Andrew Bassat, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of pioneering online job marketplace SEEK, is the 2013 Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The YearTM.
- Cyber-hacking threat increasing for mining and metals companies
Thursday 21 November 2013
Cyber-hacking is becoming increasingly pervasive in the mining and metals sector, with the potential to soon be a top 10 strategic risk, according to EY Oceania Mining & Metals Advisory Leader Nathan Roost.
- Gender disparity highlighted by overseas assignment figures
Wednesday 20 November 2013
Australian businesses need to work harder to achieve a gender balance in overseas assignments EY said today as survey figures revealed that male employees take up more than 80% of international deployments.
- Renewed Chinese investment in mining M&A
Monday 18 November 2013
Renewed Chinese investment and increasing private capital interest may be key to mining and metals sector deal activity in Australia in the near term, according to EY Asia-Pacific Mining & Metals Transactions Leader Paul Murphy.
- Deals back on corporate agenda to deliver growth
Wednesday 6 November 2013
The number of Australian companies intending to make acquisitions has soared in the past six months, EY’s latest six-monthly Australasian Capital Confidence Barometer shows.
- 2013 Australian major banks’ full-year results
Monday 4 November 2013
EY’s analysis of the full-year results of the big four banks shows that they have delivered a record profit outcome of $27.4 billion.