The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year program recognises and celebrates the spirit and contribution of exceptional entrepreneurs. These are the individuals who see things beyond the horizon and help shape the future. By challenging orthodox methods and creating new markets for goods and services, entrepreneurs positively disrupt the way we do business and help enhance our quality of life.
On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at Crown Palladium, Melbourne, EY celebrated the 2017 finalists, a group of exceptional individuals who have inspired us with their determination to make their vision a reality.
Christian Beck of Australian Technology Innovators was named 2017 Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ and will represent Australia in Monte Carlo in 2018, where entrepreneurs from across the globe will complete for the title of World Entrepreneur Of The Year.
Five impressive Australian entrepreneurs were also honoured and named national category winners. The national category winners were:
- Emerging Category: Michelle Aznavorian – Misha Collection
- Services Category: Fred Schebesta – finder.com.au
- Industry Category: Tony Galati – Galati Group
- Technology Category: Christian Beck – Australian Technology Innovators
- Social Category: Melissa Abu-Gazaleh – Top Blokes Foundation
- Family Business Award of Excellence: Hutchinson Family - Hutchinson Builders