EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Australia
Celebrating, supporting and connecting entrepreneurs since 2001.
Since 2001, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ program has recognised ambitious leaders who build and sustain successful, dynamic businesses and reframe the future.
Resilient, forward-thinking individuals who understand combining innovative business models and technology, will disrupt and enhance the market. Leaders who foster purpose-led, sustainable business practices, resulting in better outcomes for the communities in which they operate. And, in this time of significant change, men and women who help drive Australia’s economic recovery, by transforming to shape new industries and reimagine a better tomorrow.
Entrepreneur Of The Year recognises and celebrates the contribution of these exceptional individuals. It also ensures national and international recognition of successful finalists and alumni, while providing invaluable networking opportunities.
About the program
As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year runs in more than 60 countries worldwide. In Australia, we’ve recognised over 1,600 entrepreneurs for their vision and achievements.
By participating in the program, entrepreneurs can connect with their peers and business leaders, access cutting edge technology and relevant insights to help navigate their growth journey, share their stories and raise the profile of their companies and teams.
Each year, the program culminates in the announcement of an overall winner who then competes for the prestigious EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ award.
Justin Howse, Oceania EY Private Leader, speaks with Brooke Boney about this year’s host of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ program in Australia, providing a ‘behind the scenes’ insight into the importance of entrepreneurship for the Australian business landscape and how this 21st year of the program was like none other.
Receiving recognition as an EY Entrepreneur Of The Year finalist delivers an enormous range of benefits, including:
- Sharing your business story and building your company’s profile in Australia and internationally
- Opening doors and developing new business opportunities with business leaders and financiers
- Opportunities to hear from and connect with other entrepreneurs from around the world, including EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ winners through global Q&A sessions
- Access to insights and support to grow your business, including business mentoring and EY Seven Drivers sessions
- Generating pride and morale within your organisation
- Becoming part of an exclusive entrepreneurial alumni community
To be eligible for the program, an entrepreneur must:
- Be a company founder, owner or manager of a private or public company or organisation who is primarily responsible for the recent performance of the company or organisation, and an active member of senior management
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a significant equity stake in the business
- Have a company that has been in existence for at least two years at close of applications
Previous category winners, finalists and entrants may resubmit to be considered for the current EY Entrepreneur Of The Year program.
23 September 2022 Nominations close November 2022 National finalists announced February 2023 Judging interviews for national finalists March 2023 Awards celebration
The Commonwealth Bank (ASX:CBA) is one of Australia’s leading providers of personal banking, business and institutional banking and share broking services. With 17.4 million customers and a history spanning more than a century, the Group’s purpose is to improve the financial wellbeing of its customers and communities. The Commonwealth Bank is Australia’s leader in digital banking and maintains the largest branch network across the country. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia the Bank operates brands including Bankwest in Australia and ASB in New Zealand.