Luxembourg, 21 January 2020 – Following a rigorous selection process, ten startups have now been unveiled for the Luxembourg’s Regional Final of the Startup World Cup. These startups coming from Luxembourg and the Greater Region have been invited to compete on February 6th. Later, in a second phase, the winner will represent the country of Luxembourg at the Startup World Cup taking place in Silicon Valley on May 22nd.
The Startup World Cup, which brings together more than 65 regional competitions and conferences being held all over the world, connects the startup ecosystems worldwide and encouragesthe most promising startups to take part in the prestigious competition, with the chance of winning a US$1 million prize in investment.
The Luxembourg’s Regional Final of this world-renowned competition is co-organized by EY, leading professional services firm, and the House of Startups, powered by the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce. The award ceremony will take place for the third year at the EY offices in Luxembourg Kirchberg.
The 10 startups selected for the Luxembourg`s Regional Final are:
· ADAPTI.ME, a Robotic Process Automation tool giving websites the ability to personalize according to every single visitor. It customizes webpages in real-time (content, design, ergonomics, etc.) to match each user’s tastes, interests, personality, physical appearance, handicaps and any other singularity.
· ANOTE Music is a European Marketplace for buying and selling songs which aims to connect investors with owners of music rights.
· FOOD4ALL allows its partners to generate profit out of losses, enables customers to have access to best before-date products at reduced prices on a larger scale; these services directly contribute in reducing food waste.
· GOLDBAUM, this AI-powered research platform is for analysts and portfolio managers. It automatically reconciles, aggregates and clusters all your financial and extra-financial data you require into one place. By integrating them with advanced and deep-diving tools all into one central dashboard, it simplifies your daily workflow.
· HIGHSIDE is a secure Slack/WhatsApp alternative for organizations handling regulated/sensitive data. It massively reduces your organization's risk associated with cybercrime.
· HOTAILORS a platform for organizing business travels that grants access to the best real-time offers from 2.000.000+ hotels and 700+ airlines in the whole world. Thanks to their solution you can plan, book & expense business trips in less than 5 minutes. Accordingly, to your travel policy, budget limits and cashless for your employees.
· MYMEDBOT is an alert application for schools, connecting students and staff to nurses and counselors, through chat and indoor geolocation.
· OQ Technology is building a global satellite constellation dedicated for "Internet-of-Things" communication that can provide wireless connectivity anywhere, especially in remote and rural areas.
· UFODRIVE provides the world's fastest and easiest car rental experience. No keys, no paperwork, no queues, no fuel, no emissions, no hassle. Just arrive and drive. Available 24/7 at prime city and airport locations across Europe.
· ZREALITY provides the world’s best XR Marketing Platform for businesses to present their products in Virtual and Augmented Reality.
The 2020 jury, in charge of pre-selecting the 10 startups and announcing the winner of the Luxembourg’s Regional Final of the Startup World Cup, is composed of:
· Rajaa Mekouar-Schneider, President of LPEA, Private Equity Investor
· Kamel Amroune, CEO of Farvest Group, Entrepreneur
· Stefan Berend, Head of Startup Acceleration, Luxinnovation GIE
· Xavier Buck, Co-Founder and Chairman of EuroDNS, Entrepreneur and Investor
· Robert Glaesener, CEO of TalkWalker, Entrepreneur
· Jean-Louis Schiltz, Senior Partner at Schiltz & Schiltz, Lawyer and Former Minister of Telecommunications
With regards to the high-quality applications received for this year-edition, the jury wishes to congratulate all the participants.
Ahead of the quarter final, the House of Startups – with the support of EY - is organizing a special “Pitching Rehearsal Day” on January 22nd, and dedicated the 10 selected startups. Featuring a two-hour pitching workshop with the public speaking trainer Guy Benzeno, founder of Center Stage, and training sessions with coaches coming from the Luxembourg Startup Ecosystem, the “Pitching Rehearsal Day” aims at preparing the short-listed startups for success in their quest for the Startup World Cup.
All the participants and guests of the upcoming Startup World Cup’s Regional Final will have the chance to listen to the world-renowned keynote speaker Bill Reichert. Bill started his investment career as the Managing Director at Garage Technology Ventures and has over 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur and operating executive. He also served on boards of many startups. Prior to Garage Technology Ventures, Bill Reichert was a co-founder and also a senior executive in several venture-backed technology startups, including Trademark Software, The Learning Company, and Academic Systems.
Earlier in his career, Bill worked at McKinsey & Company, Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., and the World Bank. Bill holds a B.A. from Harvard College and an M.B.A. from Stanford University. He was a founding board member and a Chairman of the Churchill Club, and a Board Member of the Silicon Valley Association of Startup Entrepreneurs. Currently, he is the Chairman of the Small Fund Roundtable of the VC Taskforce and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations in New York.
More information about the competition: http://www.startupworldcup.lu/