The EY Payments team serves payments suppliers (e.g., banks, credit unions, networks and PayTechs) and consumers of payments services (e.g., retailers, health care companies and other enterprises). Bringing insights from both sides of the payments ecosystem, our solutions are designed to deliver innovation, growth and higher performance, ultimately driving better outcomes.
Manage risk and protect the business
EY teams design risk management programs to support overall enterprise payments strategies and strengthen alignment through organizational change management.
Innovate and grow
Craft, refresh and execute payments strategies. Identify and build approaches for acquisitions, partnerships, divestment strategies and transformation.
Modernize and optimize
Design and implement modern environments via methods such as crafting future state architectures, system modernization and core platform implementation.
Your business challenges
Companies across the payments industry face a range of urgent and complex challenges. There is pressure to innovate and enhance products through the harnessing of data, thanks to intensifying competition and disruption caused by the rise of open banking and embedded finance.
Regulatory scrutiny is increasing. Outdated technology platforms cannot meet today’s requirements for highly resilient, digitally responsive and immediate payments services, and regulations are playing catch-up with innovation.
For any firm seeking to drive growth and innovation through payments, these challenges represent significant barriers to success. For payments suppliers, who face the most significant threats to their customer relationships and existing revenue streams, solving these challenges is imperative. Defending their market position by delivering effective payments services requires explicit strategies, fully modern technology platforms, and the right people and teams – all of them aligned and energized by a unified go-to-market approach.
For the consumers of payments services, continual innovation is necessary to ensure that payments fit seamlessly within intuitive and personalized customer experiences. That requires a clear understanding of existing payments capabilities and a careful evaluation of vendors. Most importantly, a robust data strategy is necessary to manage and optimize their payments acceptance and to further monetize the data they generate.
What EY payments teams can do for you
Our experienced team helps all stakeholders in the payments ecosystem achieve their objectives and enhance their outcomes across a wide range of use cases. We design, implement and manage efficient, secure and resilient payments offerings for enhanced performance and continuous innovation in:
- Enterprise money movement and infrastructure – real-time payments, wire, ACH and P2P
- Card services – issuing platforms and conversions, data monetization, new products, rewards and loyalty
- Merchant acquiring – merchant onboarding, acquiring platforms, data and reporting
- Treasury management – institutional, corporate and commercial payments; transaction banking; and B2B payments
- Digital payments – mobile wallets and alternative payment methods
- ISO 20022 - business and strategy, technology and innovation, as well as compliance, risk and regulations.
The EY global payments team offers a mix of experiences and high-impact solutions, based on proven methodologies, accelerators and assets, including the EY Nexus development platform. We serve as:
- Conductors of commerce – promoting connections and collaborations across the industry
- Guardians of growth – establishing the foundation of modernized technology and strong risk management
- Enablers of innovation – designing strategies and services for breakthrough performance gains
Our team includes strategists, product designers, technologists, and regulatory and functional specialists to cover the full range of stakeholder needs.
We offer deep insight and practical support to help you answer:
- How can I harness payments data to drive value for my customers and stakeholders?
- How can payments improve bottom-line performance?
- How do I create and optimize proactive risk management and compliance strategies to strengthen safety, soundness and trust? How do potential regulatory changes affect current operations and future plans?
- What is the right strategy for me? How do I identify the most promising areas for new products, features and businesses and how do I defend against new entrants and nontraditional competitors?
- What is the current state of my technology platform and where are my key opportunities (either for modernization or new products like data monetization)?
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.