- Exceptional EY teams honored for building a better working world
- Winners include teams utilizing blockchain and helping entrepreneurs, nonprofits and governments
EY announces the 2019 winners of the peer-based global recognition program, Better begins with you. Now in its fifth year, Better begins with you celebrates outstanding EY people and teams who have found inspiring and impactful ways to bring their organization’s purpose – building a better working world – to life.
EY people nominate individuals and teams in four award categories, and a global winner is selected from each category. The winners, who identify a need and proactively seek out ways to address it, are awarded a share of a US$1m fund to invest and further develop the initiatives for which they are being recognized. The award categories include driving exceptional client service, strengthening our communities, pursuing innovation and exemplifying the highest performing teams.
Carmine Di Sibio, EY Global Chairman and CEO, says:
“The winning teams are great examples of EY people who have demonstrated a real commitment to building a better working world. It’s great to see the unique and impactful ways these teams have worked together to make a difference, whether that’s making the most of innovative technologies like blockchain, helping entrepreneurs and a nonprofit gain valuable insights or providing results for clients through the most challenging of circumstances. I’m excited to see each of the winning teams scale their approaches so they can continue to make a lasting impact on the people and communities they serve.”
- Driving exceptional client service: Cedric Teyssen, a senior consultant (Ernst & Young Advisory Services CVBA) and Ruben Schoenmaekers, a lawyer (Ernst & Young Tax Consultants CVBA), went beyond their everyday responsibilities to connect with entrepreneurs in Belgium by running friendly, informal and free-of-charge sessions where founders could talk to Ruben or Cedric to answer their most pressing questions.
- Strengthening our communities: FSO Senior Consultant Adrienn Demeter (EY Business Solutions Pty Ltd.) and FSO Consultant Timothy Higgins (Ernst & Young Services Ltd.) worked with a nonprofit organization in Kenya to conduct data analytics and uncover valuable insights into their work. Working out of the UK and Australia, Adrienn and Timothy use their own personal time to provide strategic and technical experience to help the organization make smarter, more strategic use of their limited resources.
- Pursuing innovation: The EY Innovation team in Canada collaborated with Canadian Blood Services (CBS) to examine its processes to find new opportunities to drive efficiencies and better serve donors and partners. The team utilized a blockchain solution to improve transparency, driving potential improvements in efficiency and cost savings, as well as better outcomes for patients.
- Exemplifying the highest performing teams: A multidiscipline team of EY professionals worked through myriad challenges to create a brighter future for Puerto Rico. The team successfully transformed the Puerto Rican Government’s annual budget process to instill greater transparency and controls than ever before.
Trent Henry, EY Global Vice Chair – Talent, says:
“Each and every one of our Better begins with you global winners represent the very best of who we are at EY, by bringing our purpose of building a better working world to life. The program celebrates EY people for their exceptional achievements, and it also tells a story about the incredible impact the work of EY people has on the world around them. A huge congratulations to all the global winners, and the finalists too.” Nearly 50 Better begins with you global finalists and leadership from across EY met in Singapore in November 2019 for an inspirational daytime celebration that included engaging speakers, tours of the city’s landmarks and iconic cuisine and an evening gala dinner where the four global winners were announced.
Learn more about the Better begins with you program and the 2019 global winners and global finalists here.
Notes to Editors
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation is available via ey.com/privacy. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.