EY announced the Top Nominees for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ (EOY) 2020 Malaysia awards at a virtual event earlier today.
The 15 Top Nominees in the Emerging, Technology, Woman and Master categories were determined by an independent panel of judges guided by a set of judging criteria that is consistently applied globally by the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year (EOY) programme.
The EOY 2020 Malaysia Top Nominees are:
Emerging Entrepreneur category
- Mr. Eric Cheng (郑继宗先生) - Carsome Sdn Bhd
- Ms. Shannics Teh (郑雁双女士) - Muzart International Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Armi Majid - OFO Tech Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Wong Whei Meng (黄伟明先生) - Speedrent Technology Sdn Bhd
- Ms. Cindy Kua (柯盈欣女士) - Sunday Ins Holdings Pte Ltd
Technology Entrepreneur category
- Mr. Kamarul A Muhamed - Aerodyne Ventures Sdn Bhd
- Mr. CC Puan (潘振祥先生) - Green Packet Bhd
- Dato' Chevy Beh (拿督馬彥山) - Health4U Solutions Sdn Bhd
Woman Entrepreneur category
- Ms. Natalie Sit (薛佩诗女士) - Acestar Sdn Bhd
- Ms. Fiona Rebecca Limus - CompuMed Services Sdn Bhd
- Dr. Soraya Rahim Ismail - Vitality Boost Sdn Bhd
Master Entrepreneur category
- Dato’ Lim Soon Huat (拿督林顺发) - Asia File Corporation Bhd
- Dr. Lim Li Sze (林丽诗博士) - Medical Innovation Ventures Sdn Bhd
- Mr. KH Lim (林金兴先生) - Senheng Electric (KL) Sdn Bhd
- Mr. David Mizan Hashim - VERITAS Architects Sdn Bhd
Winners of the four category awards as well as the coveted EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2020 Malaysia award will be announced and celebrated at a gala event in March 2021. The Malaysian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2020 will then join country award recipients from around the globe in June 2021 to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year (WEOY) 2021 award.
Last year, for the first time in the 20-year history of the EY WEOY, the celebration was opened to the world. More than 2.5 million viewers joined the WEOY virtual celebration to learn how the 46 award winners from 41 countries and territories were rising to face the challenges of the day in remarkable ways.
Philip Rao, Consulting Partner at Ernst & Young Advisory Services Sdn. Bhd. and Programme Director of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Malaysia awards said, “The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Malaysia programme has had the privilege of showcasing many of Malaysia’s remarkable entrepreneurial stories and successes on the national and global platforms over the years. We are especially proud of how many of them, undeterred by the enormity and severity of the challenges brought about by the pandemic in the past year, have responded to the crisis by immediately stepping up to take the lead and lend a hand in support of their industries, employees and communities. These exceptional entrepreneurs have once again raised the bar by stepping forward and doing what they do best - defining, creating, inspiring, instigating and disrupting — to frame a future that moves toward “better”. It is an honour to be able to share their success stories and more importantly, their enduring legacy and far-reaching impact on our communities and country.”
“Needless to say, it was a tough task for the panel of judges to determine this year’s Top Nominees. Each and every one of their stories is exceptionally inspiring, more so given the unprecedented challenges they faced last year, and stands as testament to their accomplishments and success,” he added.
The EOY 2020 Malaysia judges
The EOY 2020 Malaysia Top Nominees were selected by an independent panel of judges guided by a set of globally benchmarked criteria.
The EOY 2020 Malaysia panel of judges comprised the following:
- Tan Sri Datuk Dr Rebecca Sta Maria - Executive Director, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Secretariat
- Ms. Aireen Omar - President, AirAsia Digital, AirAsia Group Bhd
- Datuk Muhamad Umar Swift – CEO, Bursa Malaysia Bhd
- Mr. Ganesh Kumar Bangah - Founder & Executive Chairman, Commerce DotAsia Ventures Sdn Bhd
- Dato' Hazimah Zainuddin - Managing Director, Hyrax Oil Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Raymond Siva – CMO, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation
- Mr. Dang Tai Luk – CEO, Mynews Holdings Bhd
The EOY 2020 Malaysia sponsors
The EOY 2020 Malaysia awards programme is also proud to have these organisations on board in support of entrepreneurship:
- BFM 89.9
- Bits and Pixels Sdn Bhd
- Bursa Malaysia Bhd
- Credit Suisse AG
- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
- Nanyang Siang Pau
- The Edge Malaysia and The Edge CEO Morning Brief
For more information about the EOY Malaysia programme, please visit www.ey.com/my/eoy
- Ends -
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for unstoppable entrepreneurs. These visionary leaders deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world. The program engages entrepreneurs with insights and experiences that foster growth. It connects them with their peers to strengthen entrepreneurship around the world. EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the first and only truly global awards program of its kind. It celebrates entrepreneurs through regional and national awards programs in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries. Winners go on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ title. ey.com/eoy
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. EY member firms do not practice law where prohibited by local laws. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young Advisory Services Sdn Bhd.